Scott Fi Q

Bronze Member
Username: Allstar13

Houtson, Texas

Post Number: 62
would this the eD Nine.1 go good with 1 15 Fi Q? or do u have any other amp suggestions aroudn 300-400 dollars and should i get dual1 or dual 2 just tell me wut i should get with wut amp please

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 223
i had exact same question so answers n' help please!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1730
i asked scott the same question only for the 12" q and he said it would be a good match. the site says the same rms for the 12" and the 15" and scott told me to give a 12" q 750-1200wrms for a dd. and if running 2ohms, get the dual 1.

Bronze Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 12
Yeah, that amp makes a nice match for the D2 coiled Q subs. Run it at 1 Ohm and get a little more power out of that amp.

Have a good weekend...

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 573
scott what do u think about the sx1250 with the 18 fi q?

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 13
We are big fans of Kicker amps. Not the least expensive amp for the power, but they are solid and reliable. We are using Kicker amps in all of our demo vehicles.
Good combo... do you have the space to commit to a Q18? for most applications we are recommending 6cuft sealed and 8-10 cuft ported.

Silver Member

Post Number: 574
that much ported?

i have a focus hatchback so i dont know if can do 8 ft ported or id have to take the backseat out which i dont wanna do right now ...

i might have to go with the 15 inch q because of the space issue

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5582
if the Q takes that much space then will the BTL requier more?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5583
btw scott what is the optimum cuft for 2 BTL 15s ported? alos 1 BTL 18 ported.

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 16
Chad...BTLs will work in quite a bit less. Steve Meade is using (4) BTL 18s in 20 cuft common chamber and they work phenominal. You can actually choke a BTL18 down to as small as 4 cuft tuned 30-33Hz and they will play relatively flat. It reduces overall output a little, and removes the peak around tuning in that small of an enclosure. But we like to see them in 6cuft or so (depending on power used).
BTL 15s work in 3-4 cuft each. Again... depending on power used and tuning/application. The lower the power, we recommend a little larger enclosure to bump up the efficiency a little and get the sub to move a little more (given that the suspension is like a rock:-) )

Mike...Q18 eats up space like no tomorrow. The 15 works in much smaller enclosures... Theyll take 2.8-4 cuft ported depending on application. Id agree... unless you have that much space to commit, then the Q15 is a much better alternative.

Silver Member

Post Number: 575
scott ... im gonna be powering it with an sx1250... now i was thinking about a 3.5 cuft box ... tuned to 28hz? is that accurate .. im looking for more of the lower end ... i was wondering how the sub will perform with about 1200 watts ... is it capable of handling that sort of power on dd basis?

Bronze Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 17
Mike... itll work great with that power and enclosure. Give it 40+ sqin of port and youll be doing great.

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_fleming

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 36
Fi subs + Kicker amps = Livin Loud through Fidelity

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6021
nice:-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5590
cool thanks scott. i can't wait til i order them. still trying to decide whether i should get 2 BTL 15s or 1 BTL 18. lol. i guess i have 2 more weeks to decide.

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1825
Damn Mike ur gonna put a Q in da back of a hatchback focus?? Dats gonna be loud....

Chad ur gonna get a couple too?? Wut u gonna do wit ur sx??

LOL these subs are so popular now by the time i get the money to buy 1 they will all be sold out :-(

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1826
O and damn i wuz gonna get a Q wit a NINe.1 too....wheres Muddy to call out tha thumb war!!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 6023
Thumb War!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5634
cool you got the specs for the BTL on you site up. except for the enclosure recomendations. :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us