Help with amp

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 633
I'm putting a plexi back on my amp and decided to add a fan. I'm going to make a floating amp rack and do a fiberglass mold and mount a mirror so you can see the back of the amp. I've got a cpu case fan with some LEDs to light it up... should be nice when its finished. I was wondering what the best location for the fan would be on the amp? I was just going to stick it in the middle unless there is a better location.. heres a pic

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2863
so your gonna mount the amp like its sitting, but centered?? its best to use 2 fans. one to push cool air in, and one to pull hot air out. with just one, it won't be very effective. just something to consider since you seem to have a bit of work ahead of you.

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 634
plexi is already cut to fit.. all that is left amp wise is to mount the fan and ru nthe wiring.. the fiberglass work will come later.. one fan in one fan out.. would i not get the same effect by drilling holes in the plexi so air can be pulled from one side and exit on the other?

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 635
bump

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 296
No, you need one to pull out and one to push in... that's most effective :-)

Poking holes in one side will pull a small amount of air in, no more than the slots near the heat sink would, and the fan could push it out.. but investing another 4 or 5 dollars in another fan would be best

Good luck, post some finished product pics when you're done :-)

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 297
Oh, and 4 much smaller fans would be ideal, rather than two large, since your amp is so packed with stuff.. and you'll want to place the intake fans on one side and the outflow fans on the other

Silver Member

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 636
The fans were going to be on the outside of the case because i could not find any small fans with LEDs in them and I was about to go spend half the price of a fan for some blue LEDs.. ill be sure to put pics up when its done.. still trying to come up with a grand plan

Username: Bumpin_rs

Wadsworth, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1
I have 4 type R 1242's these are dual 4ohm I was wondering what is the best amp or amps to power these they are in a vented box. Open to suggestions

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 155
how much you willing to spend. and how much power are you looking for, I say you could give them up to 3k of power since they take 750rms each, or to be on the safe side, 2k of power total.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1624
d, get two of these amps:

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1570443/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

Username: Bumpin_rs

Wadsworth, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 2
they are 500rms this local audio store tells me to run 1500 watts but they can handle more. thats what i think im new to this much power. I could just run two 1000watt amps right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us