The Epicenter

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4887
this thing is awesome. it really brings out the low hitting bass. damn i was so surprised at how much this thing makes the bass sound good. now my re sx 18 sounds like an awesome sq sub that hits real low. i mean low. i couldn't believe my ears. even at low volume this sounds awesome. also the bass sounds more heavy and strong. after hearing it for 30 minutes, i give it 2 thumbs up.

Upload
Upload

excuse the messy wiring. i just wanted to try it out first. i will organize everything this weekend.

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 211
how much was that chad the way u described how it makes the bass sound is exactly what i want lol

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4888
it was $150 shipped. this thing is awsome. everyone should get one. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 95
what do they do and how do they work?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8874
i been asking about the epicentre here https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/244013.html

& evan ran a thread about it on this sub section a while ago & hardly got any insite into it - but i guess u can now tell us ......

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1415
where'd you buy it from?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4889
ebay man. i bought it sunday and got it today.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 157
Here is a couple of vids of a dude using it.

http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Kicker/l715.4.wmv

In this video he is using it for only the second half of video. Hope this helps a little Rovin. Thanks for the insight chad, i am seriously considering getting one now.

http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Kicker/l715.4.wmv

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 123
I was always under the impression it would add bass to any song not necessarily make it louder but I have heard that it can increase sub output 3-12 db that true?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4890
its not that its louder. it makes the bass louder on songs that lack bass.

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 365
ive read and heard that it can add up to 3 dbs max so ur 3-12 is out of the question lol, but FINALLY ive been looking for a review from someone i know and trust. thansk chad, what 12v did u use?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4891
i have a battery in the trunk so i just connected to it. i bought a 20a inline fuse at radio shack.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4892
here is my full review on this......

i was listening to all kinds of music on my way to work today. rock, rap, reggae, corridos, and some easy listening.

the epicenter isn't for spl. don't think that you will gain some dbs from this unit. for example: the bass mekanik cd hits with or without epicenter. but with the epicenter, the lower notes do hit with more authority.

the epicenter will bring out the bass guitar sound in rock music. even the older cds which the recordings were'nt too good back then, the epicenter will brings that out. i set off a car alarm in the parking lot playing a song called "i'll be there for you " by bon jovi. lol. i was suprised.

the reggae and other music which may lack bass due to the way it was recorded, the epicenter will make it shine. alot of reggae music already have good bass but there are some older ones that don't. it also comes with a bass remote so you can have more bass or less bass at the touch of your finger. lol.

in conclusion, this unit is awesome. i don't know why i haven't used this in the past.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6241
I am gonna grab one Chad:-) where did you get your again?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4896
ebay. the seller's name is discountstereoplus.

i sent the payment on sunday afternoon and received the item yesterday. that is fast shipping.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 612
awesome sounds good, it would be cool to get one. what do they do for songs that already have heavy bass though?

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1105
i dont listen to music that lacks bass ( just my preferece) so dont think i would benifit from it.......

but it does make bass come through just like whut i can do on acid pro......i did that to a couple swizz beatz songs cuz in my opion they lack low end bass....

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4897
if the song already has heavy bass then it will just make it sound better. especially the lower frequencies. i noticed that the lower frequencies sound more deep and heavy.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 3523
chad also remember who told u about the epicenter :-O

and yes it reproduces harmonics in the lower freq by reading the upper freqs... :-O

anyways wsup?
just got home from the club, kinda fuped..
lol

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1900
lol chad listens to corridos.........

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4970
wassup B. yeah thanks again for telling me about the epicenter.

pelon.....i remember you mentioning about corridos having bass so i asked my friend (who is mexican) to copy a few cds for me. it does have alot of bass. i like it.

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 635
what are those blue wires commin out the right side of it?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1591
power, remote, ground

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4971
remote wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums