Ahhh....box is in...***pics***

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 146
Well it started off as my first sub box project....but it really started to suck...first of all the box was too big to fit through the trunk opening. So the liquid nails had already started to dry by the time I went to fit it. So I had to take the Jigsaw and cut the front off the box...Well I got it off and somehow got the box into the trunk...then I had the problem of getting the front back on and mounting the sub....well with a lot more work she finally is in there...takes up a lot of room....but hopefully tommorrow I can enjoy some wonderful music outta her....one good thing about the box is that no one will be able to steal it becuase you cant get the sub or box out...Remember this is my first box...I learned a lot from it so take it easy on me....lol
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 564
wow thats tight... i mean the fit, thats tight. it looks good though... u just told us u used a jigsaw, so any one could use 1 to get ur sub.

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 147
haha....well if someone is going to break into my car and use a jigsaw to cut out the sub....well good luck to them...lol...and now that its in there its really hard to get to the back of the box....but yeah its really a tight fit....I cant wait to listen to it....its tuned to 31hz...now I just gotta order my new amp when I get some extra cash..

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4747
is your car a hatchback? if not why do you have your sub firing up? it usually sounds better when you have the sub firing toward the rear in a trunk car.

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 148
no its not....There is some fit issues....But I think tonight or tommorrow im gonna take out the spare tire and try and flip the box so that its firing towards the rear....thats just the only way I could get it in so I left it for now..

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 149
I just listened to it this morning and wow...It is loud...and that is with a crappy 500 watt audiopipe amp....I cant wait untill I get my cell phone deposit back so I can get my new amp..

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4756
lol how much was your cell phone deposit?

glad to hear you are very pleased with it. one thing i hate is to put in hard work and it comes out like sh!t. good job man. :-)

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 150
yeah....i know it doesnt look the best...or fit the best...but its in....and I can look back and be proud because it turned out...sort of....lol..but to me it sounds 100 times better and louder than my old subs....the deposit was 200 but when I get it back ill get interest back too...I am thinking about getting the Hifonics bxi1606d....what do you think about that amp for this sub?? Is it allittle overkill or no?? another amp I was looking at is the kicker 750.1

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 213
dude.....wut kinda sub is that???

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 151
15" soundsplinter Rl-p

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 152
bump about the amp

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2182
what is the VC config on it, and whats the rms rateing, im thinking its dvc4 since the kicker is only 2ohm stable and around 1000wrms, if it was me i'd look into a mtx 1501d amp, 1000wrms@2ohm at 12volts so in a car you will get around 1300-1400wrms from it, they go cheap as h3ll on ebay.
and thats a pretty decent box for a first time, are you gonna carpet it?

Silver Member

Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 155
umm I would like to carpet it...but there isnt really ne way of getting it out unless I cut it up....so it will prolly remain uncarpeted...maybe I will paint it..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us