Boston G5

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 118
i just picked up a 10" G5 and i was wondering how big i should make the box and what i should tune it to. Boston reccomends .5 sealed but i heard one ported and id rather go that way. can someone please help me? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1782
boston like small things so go for around2cubid ft and port it at 28hz to 34hz

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6125
they are not designed for vented enclosure's.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6126
2 cu/ft tuned to 28-34? where did you pull that number? out your A#$? don't go by those specs man if anything call Boston Tech support not lil Rob!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1784
dude i know man but since we wants ported and not sealed he need to get a 2 cubic ft max and because they are only for sq the needs to tune it at 28hz or lower but he wants alil more boom their maximun its 35hz and yes they only use sealed but like i said since he dont want sealed he is asking about ported so shut the fak up lil ni99a and wats your problem b1tch if u dont like my opinion sh1t dont read it and shut the fak up punk

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6138
ohhhh there's the good old edubicated lil Rob shooting trash out that he obviously made up. I am interested as to where you cam up with 2.0 cu/ft? also where did you come up with 28-35hz? what is the FS of that sub lil rob? how does FS play a role in port tuning buddy? also what small thiele paramiter's did you use to come up with your enclosure I am interested to learn from you ohh knowledgable one.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1403
lol^^

the G5s can sound amazing in the correct sealed box.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6145
it is one of my favorite sub's personally:-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4776
relax lilrob. damn.

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 592
Y does everybody always try to start sh1t with lil rob. If u just thikn his information is wrong find the site and fcuking post it. instead of saying sh1t that is unnescesary.

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
should i just stick with Boston's recomendation at .5 cuft sealed?

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1405
my friend has 2 12s in seperate chambers with 1.25cuft on each side and they sound great. i would between .5-.7cuft for the 10. also you might want to mess around with polyfill and see what happens.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1406
jayme i think its more unnecessary to put random numbers together and just think its right...

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 599
well instaid of makin fun of him and sh1t just get the real specs and then he will realize that he is wrong. i just hate the g@y a55 arguments that always happen.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
i just built a sealed at about .6 cuft so well see how it works out

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1410
sounds good. get it installed and tell us how it sounds. pics are fun too...

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 6146
Hey Jayme I did post that Boston doesnt reccomend vented enclosures with that sub so where would you like me to pull the numbers from? they don't exist dude! My whole point of jumping down his throat which I don't think I did was that why would you pull random numbers out of nowhere and have someone trust that you nkow what you are talking about when you really havnt a clue. This guy Mateo could have gone out and bought all kinds of stuff to make a box or worse yet payed $200+ to have one built that is the completely wrong enclosure for his sub. I don't know about you maybe you have the money to just throw around wasted money when some guy who has no idea what he is talking about mis guides you with the wrong info! I bet he has never even heard a boston G5. So I am not dissing lil Rob just to do it I am simply stating a fact and would have called anyone else out on it awswell not only him.

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 94
*clap* *Clap* *Clap*
very true james...very true...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us