Two 1 ohm speakers, 1 amp...

Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 1
what ohm will 2 subwoofers draw if both of them are 1 ohm apiece ran from with 1 amp? they are crossfire bmf's, dual coice coil, with the optional 1 or 4 ohm fuse... both set on 1 ohm... thanks...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8838
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Post Number: 2
it looks like it only shows 2 ohm speakers there too... ive seen a couple like that and even on crutchfield.com but nothing for two 1 ohm speakers...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4132
So they're DVC 2 ohm speakers, correct?

They're listed on that site, then.

Post Number: 3
no, its a fuse on the basket (like on the boston acoustic g5 subwoofers, for sure) that is 4 ohm until you flip it and it becomes 1 ohm... the subwoofer is dvc but the switchable fuse leaves each with just 1 set of terminals... i need to know what load one 1ohm speaker ran to another 1ohm speaker is...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1355
so when flipped the sub is svc 2 or 4ohm?

Post Number: 4
it is dual voice coil and im not positive but i think it stays dvc either way the fuse is switched... the speakers will be ran with the fuse set on 1ohm and im wanting to get a 1000-1200x1 at 1ohm and run them with... i guess even if they draw a .5 ohm load the amp will just do 1ohm and i will still get max power, eh?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2719
what sub are you running?

Post Number: 5
Crossfire BMF (BMF-1214)

here is what they look like and a tiny bit of info...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-CROSSFIRE-BMF-1214-SUBWOOFER-500WATT-RMS-750WATT-PEAK_W0QQ itemZ180012765273QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Post Number: 7
see the way they are with the fuse i dont really know what impedence they will draw at all, since i have had them ive kinda thought both running at 4 ohm will give me a 2 ohm load on an amp, and both at 1 ohm will draw .5 from an amp, and i dont want that, id rather run at 2 ohms...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8844
well simple rule is
if u run 2 coils in parallel ohms drop to 1/2
ex a 4ohms dvc sub = 2ohms

if u run a dvc into series ohms doubles
ex a 4ohms dvc sub = 8ohms

so now see if u can figure it out .....Upload

Post Number: 8
i kinda knew all that, my deal is these subs have the fuse... so if i run them one to another (positive from amp to one sub to the next, same with negative) with both set on 4 ohm it should be a 2 ohm load on the amp then i believe...

Bronze Member
Username: Mendonmafia

Mendon, Ny Usa

Post Number: 47
that is correce that is a parallel connection or you could hook then up like that in 1 ohm mode and havea half ohm load but not many amps are stable at this level and WILL over heat bot you could also hook un the 2 in series in 1ohm mode for a 2 ohm load as well.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4142
The fuse just wires them in parallel or series, they're still DVC 2 ohm speakers. Look at the diagrams for (2) DVC 2 ohm speakers and those are your options: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Post Number: 9
damn, ok, i see now... ive been looking for dvc 1 ohm, but they are 1 ohm only because its dual 2 ohm voice coils... its still confusing as far as only being one set of terminals, how can i find out how to wire selectable ohm subwoofers?

Post Number: 10
oh i didnt see marks post, i will probably do that for a 2 ohm load, but how can i run these in series?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us