RE vs Treo

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 868
ok, should i get an RE XXX 18 or a Treo ssx 18?
sq spl and durability?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4194
well.

how much power are you going to give.
how much space can oyu work with.

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 869
full rms to both, any amount of space, just which is a better sub

Gold Member

Post Number: 4199
w/e you want.

i think the SSX would def be louder.

the RE is a SQ sub, and is inefficient. so with the same amount of power i think the SSX would be louder. and the SSX already sounds good.

i believe they are cheaper as well.

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 871
aright thanks, imma get a new car then do a sick install, ill have pics

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 458
i wouldnt say they are ineffiecient .. they just arent AS efficient as a ssx ...

but the RE defintely is a sql sub .. without question .. it keeps good sq with a buttload of power going to it .. sometihng that alot of mainstream subs dont do ... which is what 98 percent of the people on here are used too ...

the treo well i have only heard it one time ... and i was eager to hear it again but the guy left the shop when i was taking a leak .. but he was giving it about 1800 watts or so ... and it was ridiculous .. tight crisp bass reponse with outstanding sq ...

wont lose either way ... except for price the xxx from an authorized dealer will cost u more ... sound is based on what u like so peoples reviews and opinions are only gonna getu so far

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 873
well, im gonna be hearing the sssx within a week or two so what is the main differance between em?
im more for spl, im lookin to put buttloads of power to one 18 in my backseat so itll prolly b loud, and i dont have much money, so the ssx is lookin prettier and prettier

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 459
go that route u defintely wont be disappointed ... i dont think its possible to be upset with a treo woofer ...

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 877
haha yeah, after seein my friends that he just got i fell in love, i used to think RE was bigger but now that i look harder im pretty sure its smaler right?, that ssx 15 he got is fricken huge the pictures ust dont do a justice

Gold Member

Post Number: 4202

quote:

sound is based on what u like so peoples reviews and opinions are only gonna getu so far

that should be the friggin motto of every forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-):-):-)

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 198
muddy go on aim

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4599
i've heard both and the ssx beats the xxx all around. we are talking about the older xxx right? cause i haven't heard the new 06 xxx so i am refering to the older model.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1339
i agree with chad. however i heard a XXX 15 in a sealed box and its sq was very impressive. i dont believe a SSx in a similar box could keep up, but hey thats what the SSi is for.

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 199
I'm fairly sure the old XXX couldnt compare to the SSx in SPL. The new one on the other hand, is a different story. I'm sure the SSx would still be louder, but not sound quite as good.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1805
i heard the new xxx is still a sql sub but with more spl and less sq......they leaned more to the spl side with the new xxx

Gold Member

Post Number: 4217
obviously^^^^^^ with 54mm of Xmax!!!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4623
damn re. why won't they update their site.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us