Stereo system for a race trailer

Username: Brian_b

Post Number: 1
Not sure if this is the right place for this post, but here goes. I would like to put a stereo in a race trailer we are building. I have the ability to use car stereo or home stereo, my preference being the 12v car stereo. The speaker configuration will be 3 outdoor speakers mounted in buckets on the outside of the trailer, (1) left, (1) right and (1) center, possibly a subwoofer on the ground. Inside the trailer would be just a left and right speaker. I would like to be able to control the outside and inside volume independantly. This system does not need to be earthshaking, just want it to sound good and be able to hear it over the engines running. I am looking for opinions on how to pull this off, and how to wire the center channel on the outside.

Thanks
Brian

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1065
why do you want a center channel on a stereo setup? Technically you wouldn't have one unless you have a 5.1 processor so its pointless. Also outdoor HT speakers are typically 8ohm drivers but this may work out for you. You can get a 5channel amp and run a total of eight 8 ohm speakers off the first 4 channels and run a subwoofer off the 5th channel. Also hearing it over the engines may be a hard thing to do since for example F1 cars are consistently in the 110db+ decibal range so you need a pretty loud system.

Username: Brian_b

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to have 3 speakers outside, and wasn't sure if 2 lefts and a right would sound weird. The trailer is for drag racing so must of the engine running is intermittent. In our old trailer we used a computer with a external speaker set and it worked decent, with the new trailer we are just trying to have everything have a permanent home.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us