Need help hooking up 2 headunits

Bronze Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 34
Ok, yeah i know i should use just one good one. Well, I wasnt to use my 860mp for daily driving, but also want my JVC KD-DV5100 if anyone knows about this model it isn't exactly in-dash so u need to adda screen. Well, I will be getting another faceplate soon for it (stolen) :-( but before i do i need to know how i can hook them both up without frying them. Also only one will be hooked up to an amp (860mp)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3349
Oh man, I'd pick one or the other. Use the JVC with an indash monitor or use the Pioneer only. Depends if you care more about audio or video. (Personally, I'd sell the JVC and just use the Pioneer).

Powering them won't be a problem, but the sound output will be a problem if you decide to use them together. You'll have to get a switching unit for each speaker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
actually i care more about audio, and i know the pioneer blows the jvc out of the water when it comes to that. Can you plz tell me how would i power them both? Oh, and i never planned on using them together, just one at a time, but want to be able to use anyone i want at any time. As in driving around listening to the pio and stopped just chillin looking at the jvc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
can anyone tell me what i need to hookup two headunits?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3378
First of all, do you have a double DIN dash opening so both will be in at the same time?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
umm...no but i can fit another one in there. Let me better explain it's a 94 galant. under where my radio goes there is like a cubby thing where i can store stuff and under that 2 cup holders, so i was going to take out the cubby thing. Thanks Jexx for taking out the time to help i thought no one would help me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
any ideas how to hookup 2 together?

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 752
Same as hooking up 1. Use rca splitters out of the 2 hu's to amp, and just connect the power, ground, remote, non amp speaker wires together.
Ive seen it done so CDs and cassett hu's were installed together. I was thinking of doing this to, but with same HU to Double the sound in my ride. If one system is loud, then Two would be better. Both on the same station..LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
lol marc, ok so if i have this right, basically i just splice the 2nd radio with the the first radio wires? It won't cause any interference or anything huh? Of course, I won't have both on at the same time

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 754
Thats what I would do. Not sure on interferance. But in theory, both should work together. But IDK.

You could use relays so that when 1 turns on the other turn off.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
oh ok thnx, well should hopefully have my car back in 2 weeks, will try then and let u know if it works or not
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us