Need wiring help please.. I'm a newbie...

Username: Shizzy

Post Number: 1
I have a 1990 sunbird that im trying to install a Pioneer DEH-P3600 into.. I removed the stock radio but there are only a few wires there for me to work with, a black, yellow, gray, green, orange, brown and violet/white. And the new deck has like 10 wires that i don't have coming from the actual car.. What do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2489
buy the aftermarket harness for that car!

Post Number: 2
I'm afraid it's too late for a harness.. I took a picture just now of whats going on in my dash, take a look and any feedback is welcome.. :-)
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 154
This might at least get you started, but you'll need to figure out the wiring for your deck. If you have the manual then you should be set, otherwise try and look it up on the Pioneer website or shoot them an email.

1989-93 Pontiac Sunbird Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Orange
Switched 12V+ Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Gray
Dimmer Brown
Antenna Trigger Pink
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 3 1/2" Dash
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue

Silver Member
Username: Halter

Paulding, Ohio

Post Number: 101
my question is once u got it all hooked up where u mounting that beast?

Username: Sodeaf

Post Number: 1
Your accuall Radio IS that metal box behind the little display you took out, you will find all the colored wires in there. As welll buy the wire harness.. Cause you havent damaged it yet.. As well Buy a TVC-104 Ai underdash kit, they work gret for installing radios in thies cars.. Buy if form an independent... Support them...

Username: Mattysega

MelbourneAustralia

Post Number: 3
if a harness is out of the question you could always rewire the whole thing.

Post Number: 3
Thanks alot guys.. I finally decided to just rewire the whole thing, i was changing the speakers and installing an amp and subs as well so it was probably my best bet to buy some high quality wire anyway rather then use the old crap.. And yeah, i mounted it under the dash, but i got the old stupid radio there being usless, any ideas on covering that thing up?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us