Best 12" Sub

Username: Infinity2006

Cleveland, Ohio

Post Number: 1
Im sure this is a ? asked a lot but im looking for a good recomendation on 12's for my 03 Acura TL-S.

I have been out of the scene for about 6 years and it seems a lot of the good stuff i used to know turned to crap.

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 482
it matters what your budget is, and what ur looking for.....sq or spl.

no one can really give u much w/o this^^^^

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 211
is it just gona be for everyday driving or you using it for sound competitions? if its just for everday driving then alpine type X, or eclipse TItanium,
If all u want is very loud and no quality then alpine type R,DDaudio,MTX9500's,kicker CVR or CVX

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1203
hey mark....i live in cleveland ohio too

but as steven norris said....you gotta tell us how much you wanna spend...and if you want sound quality, or just loud

Cleveland, Ohio

Post Number: 2
im looking for SPL but i dont want them to sound like crap.

No competition just everyday driving.

Budget is $150 - $200 per sub unless its a kick *** deal and maybe ill splurge.

a guy was going to sell me 2 JL 12W6V2'S for $350 but i dont want to drive 2 hrs to get them .

Cleveland, Ohio

Post Number: 3
Hey blaine have you ever used american bass? I had a budget of $350 for an amp and figured i would try the VFL 1000.1 amp. They call it a "cheater" amp which is a term im new too.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 356
andy f are u serious bro ...how can u say a Type R,CVX and CVR have no quality and just get loud?
have u heard these woofers ... i know for sure u havent heard ne thing from Digital Designs ... i can almost guarntee it ... number 2 .. and number two .. the woofers that u did tell him bout were a type x alpine and a TI .. number one a type x is a sq woofer just cuz its RMS rating is more then a Type R doesnt mean itll have spl .. if he goes alpine a type r is the way to go in that route ... number two .. to optimally push a ti .. hell need at least a 1000 watts .. due to each coil possessing a 750 rms rating ...

if u want a good sounding setup that isnt going to break the bank so much ... look into the cvrs,cvx, like they were stated .. but also look into the Ascendant Audio Arsenals .. great mix of sq and spl... which retail from 150-250 ... depending on size ...

also think about how many woofers u want .. in some cases u can have 1 woofer and be compltely satisfied ...

other subs to look into
American Bass XO 15 ... sub is 185 dollars .. and with the right power and enclosure will hit high 140s .. ive seen it done

Elevation Audio SQX woofers ... alittle more then 200 but still do the trick .. very good sql woofer

lok into diamond audio .. there woofers sell fairly cheap on ebay ... they are good quality drivers

Image Dynamics woofers are also a good choice ... look into there ID series ...

also id pick up the w6v2s for 350 if u can .. thats a great deal bro those subs are amazing ... with the right enclosure and power u can have a great sql setup

as far as the American bass they have very good products ... if i recall they won the DB Drag competition hitting upwards of 170 dbs with there products

Cleveland, Ohio

Post Number: 4
i forgot to mention i have a Slot ported box for 2 12's. the dimensions of the box are

H 13 X W 18 X L 35 Externally

im not sure what the air space is, the 12's are not seperated by a wall on the inside.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5986
thats about 3.65 after displacement so about1.75 per sub, you need to know port length to find out the tune of the box.

Also Andy F don't post unless you have something worth reading to say! All your post shows us is that you have absolutely no knowledge of the topic at hand. Try reading a little more before opening your mouith and shooting out CR@P!

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 905
get CVX if you can.

Username: Benzino

Michigan US

Post Number: 7
I like alpine type r's.....there cheap and they have great sq and spl.....

Cleveland, Ohio

Post Number: 5
i am starting to see it no other way. For $140 to my door ebay money i can get 12" TYPE R'S. After listening to a fer comparable subs the type R'S have been my favorite. JL's seem to be nice but they are expensive and need a lot of power it seems.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1009
Kicker blows, doesn't matter which sub you get their SQ is crap. I would look into the Soundsplinter subs, Dayton audio, ID or AA. I prefer Soundsplinter of the three but Dayton and AA are good for the money. Alpine TR's are good for the money and the proper enclosure will make them sound good.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2086
"If all u want is very loud and no quality then alpine type R,DDaudio,MTX9500's,kicker CVR or CVX"

lol this is pretty funny how many of these subs have you ever heard because i own a dd 9500 and it is the best sq sub ive ever heard i love it a type r is a sql sub which sounds very good ive heard it sounds better than a type x and kicker cvx's and cvr,s aren't that loud and they dont sound great there more of a sql as well just louder than type r's just dont sound as good but ya dd is very good for sq ask anyone who owns one or has heard one people just think oh they get loud they must sound like sh!t completley wrong they sound amazing

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 207
Dude go AA arsenal its in your budget and its the best you will get for that price, and they should be ok in the box you have.

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 462
did you say that you could get 2 jl 12w2v2 subs for 350!? that is one h3ll of a deal if you can get those. those things retail at like 350 a piece. if nothing else, buy them and sell them on ebay and get some more mula.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 363
i said this before that guy is an idiot ... and i agree with alteraudio about his selections in woofers .. they were just out his price range for the most part ...

and the JLw6v2 deal is a very good one .. i would hop all over that if it was offered to me depending on condition of woofer

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6008
yeah that is a steal.

Cleveland, Ohio

Post Number: 6
i passed on the jl's - he said one bottomed out when over powered and when i went to call and pick them up he said the bottom jl logo plate was coming off ( its only held by epoxy) but that just gave me a weird vibe. Still looking ;)

Cleveland, Ohio

Post Number: 7
by the way what are the AA Arsenal speakers i hear about? i must been out of the scene for a long time because a lot of this i never heard of.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 918
http://ascendantaudio.com/index.html

definately get the arsenals. i used to own a pair of type r's, and there really good for the price but the arsenals are alot better.

Bronze Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 33
get the 9500, or jlw7 but 9500 is cheaper my buddy has just one and its fackin awesome, ppeace
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us