Question about wiring

Username: Zyraell

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 1
First of all let me say that I just joined this forum, and am just getting into tinkering with car audio sub's and amplifiers so bare with me if I come off as a noob because I am just that :-). My question to you all is this. I want to wire 2 Kicker 05CVR12-2 12" 800W Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofer's with a MA Audio M1889i 800 Watt Mono-Block High Performance Amplifier in series at a 2-ohm load. First of all is this doable? And secondly is it possible to get the full 800 watts that the amp produces split between the to subs in series? If you guys could help me out with info it would be much appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Runit3

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 27
The M1889i that you have puts out 800w MAX (NOT RMS) at 2 ohms, this means you will probably get around 300-600 RMS (if you're lucky) This would'nt be a problem if you only had one sub but since you want to wire two I would worry about the wattage of your amp first before the wiring. They will still play, but subs that are underpowered r just no good :-(

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 2
I haven't bought any of the equipment yet. I'm just trying to get all the info that I can before I fork down the cash. So the amp isn't really big enough to run those 2 subs. I've always heard that kicker makes good stuff, so I'm not really interested in going with a cheaper sub, but it seems that I will need a bigger amp to push them. Any suggestions? Keep in mind that I'm not trying to break myself in the process.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 793
the cheapest amp that will put out 800w rms is the audiobahn a8000t or i think the newer version is called the a8000v. prolly run you ~$130 for a brand new one. you have to get the dual 2 ohm subs and wire them in series because it is only stable down to 2 ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: Runit3

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 29
what's your budget for the amp? (keep in mind the install price, wiring, etc.)

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 3
Around $200.00 to $250.00 for a amp. It all just depends on what bill are due the month I buy it LOL

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 383
if possable dont do audiobahn... i dont care if its been benched, its the company chuck the company (chuck is not a person)but uhhh memphis power referance all great ampsfor the price, bout 250-300, m class if you want to spend 500- 600 bucks

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 4
what about this amp then. MA Audio M1900XE
1000W Mono Block High Performance Amplifier
to run the two subs?

Conway , Arkansas USA

Post Number: 5
bump

Conway , Arkansas USA