JL 10W6V2?

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 372
how much can you over power them? with the W7 its rated at liek 500RMS right? but alot of people power it with the JL 1000/1? so would i be able to power them with my audiobahn amp? 1600RMS?

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 54
People power the 12W7 and 13W7 with the 1000/1. You are supose to use the 500/1 with the 10w7. And I would advise not to hook a 1600rms amp up to your 10w6. That would be some major overkill for sure.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 382
i have 2 so they'd be getting like 800 take a few and i'll have the gain down a bit more

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 56
I see. I thought you were talking about one. I would turn the gain way down to be safe at first. Run it for a while and if need be, maybe raise it just a little. That is still alot of power to those 10w6's. IMO, I would not even try it.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 383
is the w7 rated to be able to handle the 1k RMS? should i just sell my whole system and get a new amp for them? like a JL 1000/1?

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 57
Well I have a 12w7 and it can handle a 1000/1. Its rated at 750rms and 1500peak. You dont have to sell your whole system. I would either
A. Sell the amp and get one to match the rms of your 10w6's.
B. Sell you 10w6's and buy subs that can handle 800rms a piece.

IMO, I would go with option A as you shouldnt be using audiobahn to power JL.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 384
yea, im going to be selling my whole system. because im selling the audiobahn woofers and the custom box, so i'll just sell the amp along with it and get a 1000/1 to power the JL's. should i keep the JL's in a sealed box? or should i port it? will glass affect the sound of the JLs because im going to build my box either ported or sealed and have mirrors in it along with a neon light :-)

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 604
y use glass... i would use plexiglass...my frins dad works with plexiglass so i can get sheets of 1/2 thick plexiglass for free:-O

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 346
If your audiobahn amp is 1600 RMS I would sell it and buy either a 1000/1 or something of that caliber that has 1000 RMS and keep the 10W6v2's which i believe are 400 RMS. Turn the gain to about 1/3 and that should sound good, Its obvious that the 1000/1 will sound better than the audiobahn amp you have.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 385
yea. DR, im going to put plexiglass windows so you can see the mirrors and everything... idk if you guys get what im saying but im going to build a box with windows made from plexiglass, then put mirrors in it and have a neon light in the box aswell. yea thats what i plan on doing.selling the subs box and amp getting the JL 1000/1 for the JL w6v2's...

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 58
I would go with a ported box since the w6's have ecxcelent sound quality. Tune to around 30-35hz.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 386
if i make the box about 2.3^3ft how big would the port have to be to be tuned to about 32 Hz? what would it sound best at? i listen to rap and bass songs... LOL

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 347
agreed with Licid, port the box.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1082
Just FYI, the 13W7's warranty does not become void until 2,000 watts RMS.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 387
ok... but what does the W7 factory warrenty have to do with the box of the w6's? LOL^

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 391
will the JL 1000/1 work for my subs? how will i wire them? its rated for only 1.5 ohm

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 59
There are alot of port calcualtors online, do a google search or look around on the forums. It will help you determine all your dimensions including the port.

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 60
The 1000/1 has the same power output from 1ohm-4ohms. No matter what ohm (1-4) it will put out 1000watts rms.

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 61
Sorry, thats 1.5 ohms to 4ohms. not 1.

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 62
How to wire....

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=145

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 393
im only going to have 2 subs... can i wire them for a 4 ohm load?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 397
wont i fry the amp if i put it on a 1 ohm load?

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 398
wont i fry the amp if i put it on a 1 ohm load?

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 63
its only 1.5 ohm stable, not 1ohm. look at the link above.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 399
that shows it for 3 woofers, i'll have 2... would i do the same thing just minus another woofer?

Bronze Member

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 64
Dude, you have to chose SVC or DVC. Wich one do you have? Choose the right link. Then it shows for one two three or four sub setups.

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 404
oh... sorry... see im retarded LOL

Silver Member

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 405
Upload
thats the right way correct?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3850
JL 10w6v2's are dual 4 ohm which means if you have 2 of them you whould want to wire them to 4 ohm or 1 ohm final impedance.

Im picking up my 2 JL 10w6v2's tonight from UPS since i missed the drop off today.

I have a Arc Audio 1500-XXK amp and it does 900 x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged so im going to wire my 10w6v2's in series to get a 4 ohm final impedance to match my amp.

Here is an example again : http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2

The JL 500/1 whould be a excellant match for 2 10w6v2's. You really dont need to spend extra money for a 1000/1 in this case. You wont be dissapointed with that setup. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us