Orion amp

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 742
Something went wrong with my 2500d and I had to send it off for repair. I think It was damage from vibration. But the guy at the audio shop asked my what I had hooked up to it and I told him I had 4 15's and the total impendence was 1 ohm. (they are dvc 8 ohm wire in parallel) He said that a mono amp see's any load put on it as half of the wired load. ie- If one was to hook a 2 ohm sub up to a monoblock the amp would see 1 ohm. He said my amp was seeing .5 ohms and probally couldnt handle it. This sounds like bull$hit to me. If this is true then I have been out of the loop for many years.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 743
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Moey

Sydney, NSW Australia

Post Number: 19
sounds like bullsh!t

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2854
tell him to learn Ohms Law...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2855
what did the amp start to do? and where was it mounted??

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 744
The amp was running at around 75% and all the sudden I smelt something burning(that electronics burning smell) and the amp went into protection mode. It came out of protection mode for like 2 seconds b4 i hit the kill switch i have in the dash. I think It was due to vibration. The amp was mounted on top of a 22 cuft enclosure for 4 15"s. The car shop said I fried the f u c k out of it and they had to send it to orion to get fixed. Cost me 275 dollars, but still cheaper then buying a new one.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 745
The amp started to fry when it hit the highest note in TI - What you know about that. And that note is def. above my crossover point, and its set to 24 db octave. So I dont think it was stained for power. I just think it was the right note to knock something loose in the amp.

Silver Member

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 746
I know ohms law like the back of my hand. I had no clue what he was talking about.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us