Whats most ported prefab enclosures tuned to?

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 541
Yesterday i heard my uncles CVR 12's in a prefab vented box in his saturn and it got hella loud and sounded good it played a 25hz test tone and shook everything. Anyway i was wondering whats most ported prefab enclosures tuned to so i could build him a bigger box and tune it a little lower to really bring out the lows:-)

Silver Member
Username: Bradgman

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 182
Once you get the specs for that box, post them and send them to me BRADRGILMAN@Yahoo.com if you could. I want to do the exact same thing. I found this box on ebay but am not sure if its perfect. It matches the biggest loudest recommended kicker size box for spl on a CVR12.

Would this box be good for the CVR 12"? http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGLE-12-SLOT-PORTED-VENTED-SUB-BOX-3-4-MDF-NEW_W0QQitemZ97 20421164QQcategoryZ50568QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cvr specs below for the SPL/Deep Bass

2.25 ft3 (63.7 L) + port displacement
3" x 12.5" port, 20.5" long
(7.6cm x 31.8cm port, 52.1cm long)
Power Handling = 300W RMS

Silver Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 183
http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGLE-12-SLOT-PORTED-VENTED-SUB-BOX-3-4-MDF-NEW_W0QQitemZ97 20421164QQcategoryZ50568QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

GAlVeStoN, Tx Usa

Post Number: 184
You have 2 right? Just build two boxes like this or buy 2 of them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 542
I cant get that link to work but the prefab box he had them in was small prolly around 1.25^3 per sub. thats why i want to build a bigger box and see what they can do

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
their not mine their my uncle's but if you know how to build/design boxes it would be cheaper but i dont see why the box wouldn't work

Silver Member

Post Number: 545
Whats most ported prefab enclosures tuned to?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us