Kicker help

Bronze Member
Username: Illwill577

Post Number: 35
i recently purchase two 15" l7s and the kx2500.1 amp. i hooked it up and its loud loud but not all that loud i would want it to be. only reason i went with these subs becuz i got em for really cheap so it was kinda worth the money. the kx2500.1 amp is
RMS Power: 1250W x 1 @ 4 ohms
RMS Power: 2500W x 1 @ 2 ohms

the only bad thing about the subs are that they are the 4 ohm version. the specs on the sub is
Subwoofer Size 15"
Sub Output 2,000-Watts Peak
Power Output 75-1,000 Watts RMS (500 Watts Per Coil)

since they are 4ohm subs model (s15l74) i dont know how to wire them up inside the box to the amp to get the most out of them. im trying to power them up with as much power the amp can throw out. i dont know if the amp is 1 ohm stable or not but i was told that the kx2500.1 runs good at 1ohm im not sure anyone plz help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
also if it is best for me to get the 2ohm version of these subs i can get them but im trying to do everything possible to get the most out of the 4ohm before doing that option and how much of a difference will it be if i did switch to the 2ohm versions.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5760
that amp is not rated to be stable at 1ohm. although the kicker amps are built like tanks I'm sure it can handle it I wouldnt do it. If you can return the subs for the dual 2ohm versions not the dual 4ohm versions. How much did you get the subs for? chances are you can get 1 15 that will be better off of that amp for the price you paid for both of the kickers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
so it would be better to get the 2ohm version of the subs and wire em at 2ohm becuz the amp is 2ohm stable. wire em parellel

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5768
wire them series/parellel http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+2+ohms+x+2

option # 2

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 973
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
alright thanks so it will defiently better to get the 2ohm subs and will sound alot better?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7615
yep ! 2ohms dvc .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us