Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 215
just wondering wat you guys think

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 664
nice component set, the X are better in detail than the R's and true to the sound. IMO the R's emphasize the midbass a little too much. Depending on the price you could get would determine if i'd get them or not.

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
250 shipped

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 669
yeah i'd take them...new or used?

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
new

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
and what kind power should i throw at them its only rated at 75 watts rms

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 672
100rms if you know what you're doing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
you dont think they can take more than that they are all rated at the same thing

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 625
I heard they wern't so hot, as the X-overs on them are HUGE thats becuase they need them so big to correct the sound so much. X-overs are there to make your speakers sound better and the reason they are so large is because the sound has to be "tweaked" alot..this was explained to me by 2 dealers, and one of them is my sponsor. Also I talked to the 2nd dealer while keeping the brand (Alpine) generic, so I was refering to X-overs in general so I didn't get a biased response

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1883
i haven't heard the new ones, but i wasn't impressed with the old ones at all. swaped them out for a set of boston rally's. bostons sounded so much better! and were way cheaper. (store prices)

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 674
actually crossovers are bigger because they use high grade components usually. They have large inductors with low resistance to send the most power to the speakers without losing it through the crossover. So size has nothing to do with how much tweaking they need. Lets see, the MB Quarts are big, the Focals are big, the Polk Sigs are pretty big too....I think your dealer is slightly off or biased.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5959
They aren't hard to correct really, the set uses modified Vifa XT drivers. Pretty easy drivers to work with actually.

The Alpine crossovers offer level and axis compensation, which is a big bonus in the car environment. And they use some respectable componentry. That's why they're so large.

It's a really nice set for the money, actually.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us