HOT!!

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 290
Im running a sub off of an eD NINE.2x and its getting pretty hot. Like to hot to touch but dosent cut off or anything.Its wired to 4ohms right. Is it normal for these amps to get that hot.

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 291
BTW the sub in a 12" RE SE 2ohm DVC.And the amp does 600 watts briged@4ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 510
that's the problem man! you have a dual 2 ohm voice coil and your amp is bridged, maybe you should run it stereo at 2 ohms, cuz most of the amps bridged are 4 ohms

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7486
2 chan amps r usually class A/B which r less effeicent than MONO amps & thus gives off alot more heat .....

long explanation >
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/ampspecs.html

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7487
wrong link above - my bad

its
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/amplifiers.html

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 768
theres no problem with him havin a dual 2 ohm sub, thats perfect, sub VC's wired in series gives u a 4 ohm load, which is wut his amp is stable to in bridged mode. and it gives out 600rms @4 ohms, which is exactly wut his sub needs. like rovin said, class A/B amps give off alot of heat. if u are really worried about, i guess u can give eD a call, or wutever they request u do for customer service.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 769
did u get ur SE customized?? becuz they dont come with dual 2 ohm coils standard. they usually come with dual 4 ohm coils. i know u can get them to make it with diff VC configs, but just wondering if u know for sure that ur sub is dual 2 ohm.

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 294
Yea its dual 2 cause i asked for that when i bought the sub cause i wanted to run this amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us