GPS to car sound system module?

Username: 88vette

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 8
I have a Garmin StreetPilot III GPS system installed in my car that has a sub-mini audio output jack on the unit. The GPS unit will speak turn by turn directions from an external speaker.

I'm looking for a module or adaptor that I can plug into the audio output jack on the GPS unit that will hook up between the audio output of my car audio system and the speakers that will mute the audio from my car stereo and send the audio from the GPS to the car speakers when the GPS speaks directions. My HU (Sony w/7" LCD screen) does have 2 aux inputs but I was hoping to find some device to connect between the GPS and speakers.
If I used the aux input I would have no music and just the GPS speaking when a turn is coming up.

If I could find the device I'm looking for I could listen to music and when a spoken direction is announced it would mute the stereo, speak the directions and then resume the music.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know of such an adaptor, who makes it and/or where I could find one?

Thanks in advance!

Username: Snake

Palmerston north, Manawatu Nz

Post Number: 1
I THINK I HAV THE THING UR LOKKIN 4 BUT I DNT KNW WAT EXACTLY IT IS,BUT I GOT A SONY HEAD UNIT,SONY GPS NAVI SYSTEM & A SCREEN.....I GOT ALL THE WIRES FOR THAT WHICH CAN CONNECT AUDIO TO DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM & DASH SCREEN....IF U R INTERESTED U CAN MAIL ME AT shakeel_simple@hotmail.com & i'l u pay me 4 that & i can also send u pics of all the wires i got...thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us