4 Sub with toggle switch interference help please

Bronze Member
Username: Zneon

Durango, Durango Mxico

Post Number: 22
I wanted to have a loud system in my car, but also SQ too, so instead of buying very expensive SQ subs I got two 12" PolkMomos and two 8" RockFords all sealed, I used 2 relays and a toggle switch so when the switch is in one possition the 12" are playing, and when the switch is pressed again the 8" are playing, the problem is that there is some interference in the subs, in both subs but it can be heard most in the 8", the problem is the relay because it sounds fine without it, but I know it IS NOT SUPPOSED to cause it, because the coil is apart from the signal. So, do you think using quality relays like radioshack would solve it? or if its not the case, how can I get this same config using something other than a relay?

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 260
if you use two different amps for yer diff size subs, just put a switch on the remote wire, you don't even need a relay.

Bronze Member
Username: Zneon

Durango, Durango Mxico

Post Number: 23
Well that's the problem, I'm using the same amp, it's a hifonics 1605D, and the other amp is for the front speakers. DO you think the interference may be coming from the current applied to the relay?, it is directly connected to battery using the distro block that all the system uses. one more question, I also have a 4 CH soundstream amp, and I wanted to use it to drive a 3-way set of focals,but it only puts out 60w per channel and the speakers are rated 80rms, so I used the 2 pairs of RCAs from the HU, the two LEFT rcas to the 1st and 2nd channels, and the two RIGHT rcas to the 3rd and 4th channel so that if the amp is bridged each side of the set will get the right signal, if I'm right, the speakers are being driven with 240rms each, the xover is set to 80hz 12dB I often drive with volume up to 30 (goes up to 35) you think this power may damage them? considering gains are set correctly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us