Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 13
THE BEST ONE CHOOSE OUT OF THESE THREE
This PIONEER PREMIER
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=796
THIS ALPINE
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=DVA-9861&lang=en&tab=F
OR THIS PANASONIC
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=15001&c atalogId=13401&itemId=96340&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702& surfModel=CQ-C8403U&catGroupId=25028&surfCategory=CD%20Receivers&displayTab=S

Bronze Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 59
anybody

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 218
alpine

then pioneer

then panasonic

alpine hasent been all to great lately but thats one of the higher end models so it should be decent although the pioneer has been a great great HU lately i would still go with the alpine
but it also costs more
your choice
thats jus my opinion

Username: Risky

Post Number: 5
alpine then pioneer and then panasonic...

I think the pioneer probably has the most features but the alpine has all you could ever need and personally I like the looks of the alpine better... Also if you have an Ipod you can hook it up with the new full-speed cable with the Alpine.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1445
honestly, i'd go with the Pioneer DEH-P860MP or the 2006 model Pioneer DEH-P7800MP. that 960 has had problems with the dual flip face and the 860 is the same thing, just without the dual face. pioneer also had more 2006 stuff comming out btw.

alpine has gone down hill lately and i wouldn't run an alpine unit unless it was older, like the 9813 or before. new stuff doesn't seem impressive either.

no real experience with Panasonic. had a panasonic flip out dvd player and it was ok, but wasn't the best sounding unit i've had.

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 220
i hear ya brandon thats the same thing i was trying to explain but however it isent one of the low end models that he has chosen

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1448
you can get a Pioneer DEH-P860MP on ebay for like $350 shipped. great unit!

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 40
I've got the Panasonic 8303 which is 1 step down from the 1 you posted. And I've been very pleased with the SQ. Of course it also depends on your other system components. But depending on the price differences I think you'd be happy with the panasonic. Their new line-up has impressed me so far.

Username: Northerndarknes

Bay area, CA

Post Number: 4
maybe look into eclipse as stated above though pioneer has nice stuff still and alpines new line imo isnt up to par

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 877
I have the 860MP and its awesome. All the problems I had with mine were my fault. Vast control over you music, cool looking and it sounds awesome. You can pick it up for like $310.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 11
my opinion, the primier is one of the best sq out there i love there 7band eq

Bronze Member
Username: Atterberry_2006

Montgomery, Missouri United states

Post Number: 38
i would have to go with the alpine because i got one and it is good.

Username: Teamrf48

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I am thinking of getting pioneer premier 860 or 960. I want to get the 960 but I 've heard that they have problems. Is that true? If it is I will go with the 860. I am also thinking for the alpine 9855 but it's preout voltage is little compared to the premier units, and the equalizer of the pioneers is far better than the alpines. I 've got rockford fosgate power series amps and subs and they are really hungry for power.

Which one do you suggest?

Username: Teamrf48

Post Number: 3
Hi,

I am now most probably buying the Pioneer Premier DEH-P780MP but any advise is still welcome.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 29
i have a sony, but since your asking from the three ill go for the pioneer
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us