Finally ordering new subs, any help?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 187
o.k. i'm finally done with paying all my lawyer bills for custody battles and i got the $ for new subs and i think i narrowed it done but could use some suggestions. i'm goin for sql, but leaning a little on spl (maybe) and i plan on keeping these for awhile, so here's my list.

2 12" re sx
2 12" arsenals
2 12" treo ssx
2 12w6
2 12" dd 3512d
2 12" idmax 12d4 v.3

leaning towards the treos or the re's but any opinions i'll take. haven't figured on the amps yet, going to be a few months for those, just want to finally get the subs before my money disappears again.

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 101
i personally would go with re sx. and for the amp maybe you could try kicker 2500.1 (not sure if it's the right model #)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3514
if i had to choose between the subs in your selection, i would go with the treo ssx. the ssx will kill all the other subs in the selection. the ssx shouldn't even be in that list.

Bronze Member
Username: Lets_talk_sound

Post Number: 35
Being the proud owner of a 15" treo ssi, a step under the ssx i will suggest you get those ssx subs. My SSi has only impressed my friends and I and keeps impressing. It'd be like a dream come true to get 2 ssx's.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 188
yeah i kinda want the ssx also. but does anybody know what kind of amp i could use to power them if i get them? i can get two kicker2500.1 pretty cheap from a store near me, but will that be to much power for them? any other amp suggestions for that sub would be great.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7170
u may as well get 2 12s the SSI model & 1 kicker amp should make a killer set

& use remaining $ on electrical upgrade & on speakers etc ....

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 189
rovin, think you might be right. price for new alt. is $270 shipped and plus the other stuff will cost a pretty penny too and i don't want to wait forever to buy it all. but how do the ssi's sound? if you ever heard them.

any other sub off my list you or anybody else would rec. before i order them on monday? thanks again to everybody for their suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7172
ya - u c sometimes ppl spend a heap on gr8 high wrms subs then find it very difficult 2 get $ 4 just as gr8 amps
ex - u c ppl on this forum buying 13w7 then asking about Hifonics or cheaper amps 2 power it - thats like buying a Rx7 & wanting 2 power it with a 1600cc 4 banger . Then u also need $ 4 the big 3 upgrade & a good box etc ...

Treo isnt much by ppl where im from so i admit i nevr heard that model - B is the right guy 2 answer u that cause his buds have alot of Treo subs , Chad lee has 12s in SSI & no need 2 ask him by what he already posted he luvs em alot ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us