Edead Part1 Install

Silver Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 199
Just got my edead today, finished my trunk lid.. increased SPL about 60-70%, left to do are, interior trunk, rear deck, and doors.. heres some pics
Upload
4 huge rolls :-):-)
Upload
Even trunk latch got eDeaded..
Upload
Upload
Upload
All came with a nice sticker too..
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 521
you are amuch better edeader than I am. I hope you got the V1se cause I've had problems with my v1 on the trunk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
I got V1, but i didn't have any probs, washed it really good before i put it all on, and i pressed it all down pretty good with the handle of a screw driver.. well actually i did cut my fingers on it a couple times.. trunk lid about 8 pounds heavier too, lmao..

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 522
yeah i had a few cuts on mine fingers too. Only thing is that the V1 is still asphalt based and the adhesion qualities aren't as good as the v1se. I hope you have better luck on it but when I get some heat down here in NC that stuff begins to come off.

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
I'll have to keep an eye on it, I did my trunk and rear deck tonight and finsihed my first roll.. tomorrow i will do my doors and help a couple more pics..

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 485
That flat black looks great compared to the more expensive (and less pretty) Dynamat Xtreme I've got.. and talk about cuts on your fingers, xtreme is covered in aluminum and yes, they made me "bleed my own blood" many times installing it, haha. I ALWAYS recommend you buy a "dynaroller" tool.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
I have a roller thing that my mom uses in the kitchen for somethin.. it has a roller on each side, a small one then a big one.. i tried using that and found the screw driver to work better.. finished my from doors.. added another layer to my trunk.. and edeaded behind my side moldings.. they need more though.. and i have 70sq.ft. left still, so i don't know what i'm gonna do with it.. increased SPL about 120%, i think my rearview mirror is rattling off, now it making a weird sound.. any ideas of how to dampen it also?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3431
if that stuff smells like asphalt it will come off in hot weather. mine came off one day when it was hot. i opened my trunk and i was like wtf cause half of it was just hanging there. i took all of that stuff off and got the v1se and that one doesn't come off. btw the newer one i got don't smell like asphalt.

you did a clean job of applying that stuff btw. way better than i did. lol. mine kinda looks like sh!t but it does its purpose. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
Lol, i did a crappy job on my doors, but no ones gonna see it anyways, lol.. i hope mine doesn't come of, i'll have to get some spray adhesive in case it does.. it feels pretty soild, trying to peel it back off doesn't wanna happen.. when i was putting it on it wanted to stick really bad just touching my car.. and with it coming off and stuff it could be the paint it doesn't want to stick to or something..

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3434
how many layers did you apply on your trunk lid. usually one layer isn't going to cut it.

also don't you just love the way the trunk sounds when it close. heavy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
Right now i have 2 layers on my trunk.. and yeah that sound is awesome.. it doesn't pop open by itself anymore.. lol, i was thinking about 3 or 4 layers since i have 60sq.ft left over, and 2 layers in side my trunk.. just wish my mirror wasn't making a rattling sound now..

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 538
really anyhting over 2 layers is overkill and won't add enough benefits to really say its worth it. I'd invest in putting some on your floors and side walls.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
Yeah, just need to get rid of the eDead, getting a small scent of asfault in my room now.. lol, any one have any ideas how to "deaden" a rear view mirror?

Bronze Member
Username: Kbenz47

Rochester, New York United States

Post Number: 20
to "deaden" a rear view, just throw some edead or dynamat on it. I did it with my rear view, still get the shakes like michael j fox, but its reduced by like 50-75%.

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 132
I used to give my mirror a nice friendly shove if it was vibrating and it would stop for awhile until a few nights ago I was drunk and punched it and broke it haha. No more mirror... no more vibrate. Sliced my knuckle open though... funny as shiaat.

Silver Member
Username: Rmzracer

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 114
I have a single cab truck. How much of this stuff would i need? and where is the best place to get it? and does it really increase spl?

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
Get about 60sq.ft. you could probably edead your whole truck.. and i'll have to put some edead on my mirror, lol, and i've tried shoving my mirror a couple times, doesn't work :-(

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7074
if ur mirror has a tension adjusting screw @ the back of it then tighten it up firmly - i did that with mine & even though it still vibrates with bass it never tilt sideways like it did b4 .........

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
I'll look for some screws after work tonight.. thanks Rovin..

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 588
You never did post more pictures of your install like you said you were going to.

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
Lol, yeah i got lazy and just wanted to get it all done.. i got a couple pics at home of my side moldings i'll have to put up..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us