Is it legal to drive without a trunk lid????

Username: Kevin420

Gilbert, Az USA

Post Number: 6
Why is it the bass in my system really rocks harder when the trunk is open. I have like a70/30 split rear seat, with the 30% fold down seat down, trunk closed, still is nothing compared to having it open. Is there different mounting techniques to fix this, or just another problem of poor car acoustics????

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

California

Post Number: 1166
probly cuz u have ur subs facing forward. when u have ur subs facing forward and u open the trunk u get more bass. cuz the bass waves that bounce off the seat dont cancel out the other bass waves that go through the seat

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2222
:-)

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 872
Porting the airspace from the trunk into the car may help out too.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 529
Read b4 you speak. he said he leaves one of his seats down.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 874
Oops, didn't see that you had your seat down.
In that case, cracking yoru window should have the same effect. And like Freddy said, try experimenting with different box positions.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 531
I would try up firing, rear firing, or down firing and find the one you like the best.

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 154
i've had best results with rear firing unless if its a bandpass box... i think rear firing makes a BIG difference compared to front

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 720
It is just a cancellation wave, box is probably a prefab and the back is probably flexing releasing a wave of energy. Add some Dynamat to the trunk area and turn it around. Place the box as far back as you can without blocking anything this will give it less to bounce off of. Polo.. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us