What will get louder

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 136
say 2 12 sx an 2500watts in a 5.25cuft slot ported box tuned @ 30.5hz vs 1 15sx in a 5.25cuft with 1200 watts slot ported box tuned @ 30.5hz just wonderin whats louder an sound better 15 re sx, 15 treo ssi, aa audio 15 havoc,15 re mx, 15 si mag need the best soundin spl sq 15 sub that works best in a 5.25cuft slot ported box tuned @ 30.5hz need need loud bass lol

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 137
i mean the 15 treo ssx an whats all the prices on all the subs

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 227
i think the new re audio mx will sound better cuz have more excursion and voice coil diameter than the new xxx have you seen the pictures of the mx?neo magnets ooooooooh man thats cool

Bronze Member
Username: Custom_boxes

Post Number: 60
i think but i didnt realli c it all that well u got a pic

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 765
the SSX is similar to the SX meaning there made for SPL but sound pretty good. i would put all 2500rms on a 15' SSX anyday.

ive heard good things about the havocs and SI mags but havent had a chance to hear them.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2557
the 2 SX12's on 2500w in 5.25cuft tuned to 30.5hz would most likly be the loudest...but i'll tell ya right now, 1 15" SX is loud as h3ll.

the Si Mag 15 would be a good SQL choice (it leans toward SQ).

no one other that RE and a few special people have had a chance to play w/ the MX15 yet. it is supposed to be a lil louder than the SX but w/ better SQ. (from what i hear) It has 22mm of xmax...same as the SX.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 237
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/211820.html

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 238
hey marshal white i finished the box i removed the divider and did the port the port is tuned to 34-33 hz it has around 105 sq inches wat you think ill show you pics later thanks alot for the help man

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 571
the 2 SX12's on 2500w in 5.25cuft tuned to 30.5hz would most likly be the loudest...but i'll tell ya right now, 1 15" SX is loud as h3ll

I would say that box is too small, they each require 3.5cf minimum for a ported enclosure not to mention the .18cf displacement for the sub alone. You would be better off with one single sub in that box. The MX is a poor mans XXX and will not get as loud as the XXX, but will still be louder than the SX. I heard a set of Si's but they weren't all that loud and except for the cone and motor backing, looked pretty dam close to an SX. I like my SX's and they are loud as hell, the only thing going to replace them is a SINGLE new XXX when they are released. Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2559
polo...SX12's perform very well in ~2cuft (net) ported inclosures...(RE actually recommends 1.9cuft tuned to 32hz for SQL)

SX15's are the ones that like 3.5cuft.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 573
Ya he did say 12's, just saw the sx15 in his original post. 5 cf for one sx15 is perfect. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 264
a eclipse titanium 15" has more excursion that all ^^^ mentioned, (muhahahaha) ~44mm xmax and 3.5 inches of total excursion!!!

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 575
That doesn't mean sh!t, lol. New XXX is 54mm, what ya say to that? :-O

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us