Trunk Rattling

Bronze Member
Username: __nick__

Post Number: 33
I got 2 ALpine type r 12"s installed and the bass is good but my trunk rattles a lot and its very annoying. I drive a 97 ford explorer and didnt think it would rattle in an SUV. whats ratttling? is it the license plate, the handle, the windshield wiper, help please. thanks...

Bronze Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 12
Well turn your subs up and go behind your SUV and listen for what is rattling.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 504
that is the best way. there is some great product on the market that dampen the rattle 95%

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 681
could be the panel on your back door. you should be able to tell if you just listen to it from outside the vehicle.

Username: Golden_state

Post Number: 4
let it rattle...let the folks know you bumpin'

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1420
Um, no don't let it rattle. Rattling of parts in your car really isn't GOOD.

This will sound funny, but I'm pretty sure that my new Assassins have rattled something loose in my passenger side door, and when I play the 5x7 Volfenhags alone, they rattle whatever is loose, but the subs don't...It's odd, so I'm going to have to check it out...

Who would have thought Volfenhag anything could rattle anything!

Silver Member
Username: Pelona

Alabama

Post Number: 858
u know that thAT black rubber sourround that goes around the doors? does it help if u take the rubber thats already on the trunk and put some bigger rubber?

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 293
you could put some dynamate down but i doubt you will ever get rid of that rattle especially if you have a decent sound system

Bronze Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 16
Most older cars/Suv's/trucks will rattle no matter what. There is not to much you can do,
except try to find what's rattling and screw it down tighter or re-glue it, or if you are from around where I live Duck Tape it. Ha

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1186
i laid down somde of the foam that is put under neath the carpet in homes in my trunk. Completely covered the entire trunk and now it doesn't rattle. Instead I now have something rattleing underneath the car.

Bronze Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 37
thats true about old cars...i have a 84 regal and a 91 suburban and when i shut off my music all the way and i'm drivin down the street all my stuff still rattles in there.. its annoying...it rattle like if i'm still bumpin...specially my back door i think it loosend my bolts b/c u can even see the things jump up n down
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us