Help please. Viper 300ESP door lock instal guide

Username: Air_dreams

Post Number: 1
I need a guide for instaling electric door locks.
I have a Viper 300ESP alarm & aftremarket silonoides. Im puting them in a 89 toyota
Im just not sure the correct way to hook them up. I know a relay is needed , but thats it.
Im hopeing someone has a Door lock wireing guide that they can send me a coppy of.

Any help would be greatly apriciated.

email me @
airdreams1@yahoo.com

Username: Air_dreams

Post Number: 2
Nobody knows how to do this?
????????????????????????????

Bronze Member
Username: Ruthless06

Post Number: 36
well if your familiar with relays, and actuators, and alarm systems youll understand this.

your gonna need two relays for each actuator. one to unlock, one to lock.

your brain unit should have two wires coming off of it for lock and unlock.

two do two doors or more your going to need to split each wire x about of times; ex. using 2 door actuators you will need to split your lock wire, diode isolate each, run one to door 1, one to door 2. same with unlock wire.

now for your relay

if they are - trigger lock/unlock off the brain: use pin 85 as the input off the brain.
use pin 86 as the opposite of the trigger; ex. if the lock is - polarity, use + for this input.
use pin 30 as whatever your actuators are; ex. for - actuators ground pin 30, for + actuators run pin 30 to a 12volt source. preferably your battery.
use pin 87 as the ouput to the actuator.

as for mounting the actuators that is more mechanical then electrical. just make wise decisions and make sure it works before using the relays and everything.

after doing all that you should be alright, hope to see what you come out with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us