ORION H2 12.2 2000 watts rms only gettin 230..HELP! OPINION?

Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 1
helllo everyone, well i got a 2001 crown victoria with a monster truck. Instead of going with what i orgianlly planned on saving for "2 kicker solobaric L7 12"s or 15"s, i was to anxious about getting a sub i saw what looked like a decent deal on a 12" orion h2 in a subzone vented box made just for it. i think the box's 1.50 cubic feet or 1.75. ANYWAY, i have it hooked up to a CRAPPYY free DUAL 2 channel amp set in briged mode, it says it puts out 230watts in briged mode. So the sub seems to be running weak and it cutts off when i turn the vol up after a short period of time...this i expected. But my question is.. Once i get a amp to actually run this baby..say 1500 watts RMS instead of 230...how much of a diffrence in SPL and quality...overall loudness...etc do u think i will experience??

THANKS!

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5707
do u have an electrical system upgrade??

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1031
H2's are very power hungry, you should really try to give it the 2000 RMS if you can. it'll sound great if you give it enough power, SPL and SQ will not even compare to what it is now with only 230 watts or so.

also, heres a review of a couple subs that somebody else on here posted a few days ago, the H2 is one of them:

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15791

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5708
I posted it.hehehe

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1032
yeah, it'll only sound good for a minute (if that long) without an adequate electrical system upgrade, as Chauncey has brought up.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1034
cool cool, interesting stuff Chauncey, thanks. i always like to read reviews and such about different audio equiptment. next best thing to buying and testing it all yourself, i don't have that kind of money, lol.

Post Number: 3
How would i need to upgrade my electrical system??

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1037
High Output Alternator is the number 1 thing.
other upgrades are Deep Cycle battery or extra batteries, isolators, and or course larger wireing and the "Big 3."

Post Number: 4
How necessary would upgrading my electrical system be, and if i didnt how big of an amp could i get before i would need to upgrade. my friend has a jl audio 1000/1 and he hasnt.

thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 249
The H2 sub to be decent needs an Orion 2500.1 and it will still want more. Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us