Need HELP with AUTOPAGE (xt-59)

Username: Mistherd13

FL

Post Number: 1
My autopage remote still works to lock and unlock my doors. The red light remains on all the time on my steering column. However, my alarm no longer works. I talked to some website place and they said my alarm was in valet mode and to turn my key on and press the valet button. I assume the valet button is the little button on the side of the remote and I have tried this hundreds of times now in the hope that it will work before I try a million. I have no yet met success, rather needless to say. Does anyone have any advice, or better yet have programming instructions, which would be so awesome(can't get my hands on them!)? Furthermore, can anyone tell me where precisely the control box is located, what it should look like, etc?!? I'm in college and really need my alarm!!! Thanks so much for any assistance!

FL

Post Number: 2
I still need some help, please!!! Anyone!!!

Unregistered guest
Somewhere hidden under the dash should be a switch or a button, this is the control to valet. So the process is the same, while pressing this newly found button or flipping the switch, then turn the key to the igintion setting. I hope this helps.

FL

Post Number: 3
I've looked for this switch, but can't really find one among all the wires and everything--afraid to touch things besides. I've found one of the should-be-two boxes for the alarm, but it doesn't have any switches/buttons on it... Any other assistance out there?

Unregistered guest
You need to turn on the key and with the key in the on position press and hold the valet button on the dash until the light turns off. Just went through that with mine. Goodluck.

PR
Unregistered guest
There MUST be a switch SOMEWHERE in the car! It is used for programming the remotes, and for the alarm to be placed in valet mode. Keep looking!

(The side button on the remote is NOT the Valet button)

I had to reprogram a remote and fortunately I have the manual.

My Valet button is mounted under the dash and it is quite small. It is in the vicinity of the LED indicator visible on the dash. It is a round, spring-loaded button that pops back out when you press it. The body of the button is metal but the button itself is red. The button could be mounted anywhere; Glove box, console, ash tray, etc. It is meant to be discreet, which is probably why you can't find it.

Once you find the button, turn the ignition ON (car does not need to be running) then push and hold the Valet button for 2 seconds or until the LED turns off. Repeat the process to return to valet mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us