Question?

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 299
I plan on buying a 2500HD crew cab the only thing stoping me is that i love loud systems. Has any of you guys seen or hear of a crew cab having a good system? If you have pic please post them or link to websites.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 624
you should check out www.cardomain.com and look for people w/ that exact vehicle. Crew cabs are better than single b/c of course you have more room. For a truck you should get some nice components up front, a decent subwoofer(s) and not even worry about the rear speakers b/c the sound of the front should easily carry throughout the cab of the truck.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1044
there has also been some nice truck systems posted on JL's Gallery.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 816
Crew cabs do not have enough room for a sub.

I have an extended cab and my rear bench folds up. I am not sure that the crew cab rear bench folds up. This would limit you to what you can build. You may be looking at just getting some top of the line 6.5" component sets. Make sure you get something that can handle the lows. This way you can get "some" bass.

Another option is to look into transfering your center console and installing a high Qts/low Vas sub in a custom enclosure in its place.

High Qts (above 70) means that it may be used in a sealed enclosure or infinite baffle. Low Vas (below 20 liters) means that it may be used in a small box and still get low bass.

Going way out would be to remove the front center seat and console altogether and build a custom enclosure there altogether.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 817
http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/index.html

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 281
alot of time trucks have door and dash speakers. If yours does you can do a nice 3way setup or you can stick a few 6.5 subwoofers in the trunk. If you have abudget I can try and figure something out that will get your a nice loud steup.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1877
blow through :-)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1878
wow okay idk if were even talking about subwoofers... dont put comp sets in the bed of ur truck. im too drowsy to read the posts again. sorry im on drugs from my surgery. disreguard that if im way off here lol.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5611
JL has a stealthbox for that truck. It has two 10W1v2s and room for an amplifier. Check it out on their site. I'm not telling you to buy the stealthbox, I'm just saying that two shallow, small box subs are your only option in that truck, they would have put a sub under the seat or in a console if it was possible.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5612
"blow through :-)"

Even being a Chevy, I'd still guess he's going to use it as a truck :-).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us