Need Help No Sound

Username: Fordehanson

Post Number: 1
I need help with my car soundz i got 4 speakers runnin of my sony xplod head unit and a sub runinn of my amp. It was going fine until 1 of my m8s disconnected da rear speaker wires and put dem on 2 da amp positive n negative channel. He started da car n dear was sum beepin noises and now their is no sound comin out of all four speakers but their is a little cumin out of da sub. The wiring is the exact same as it was when it was running good. Does any body know what is going on here?????

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2542
Wait, he connected the head unit speaker output wires to the output of the external amp? If that's what he did, then I would suspect at least a fried output IC.

Post Number: 2
yeah he connected dem to 1 of the amps channels. What should i do 2 it now???

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2546
Send it in if it's still under warranty. If not, take it to a repair center that is authorized to fix Sony.

Post Number: 3
sweeet da speakers in stuff work off da amp so it must be the head unit cheers

Post Number: 4
what exactly is the output ic and where is it

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2550
It basically looks like this:

Upload

Obviously not the exact one but similar. It could be anywhere on the main pcb (printed control board). Sometimes if you fry it badly enough, you can tell which one it is because it will be blackened or melted in one way or another.

There could be other problems as well, but for now the output IC should be the focus.

Post Number: 5
sweet cheers ill just get it fixxed whith the waranty would this be coverd??

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2555
Yeah, the warranty should cover it.

Unregistered guest
hiya mate did you solve the problem with ur sony, as i have the same problem mine all speakers went off out the blue and never came bak on when i connect a diffrent headunit in it gives sound any suggestions on what excatly it could be and much you you reckon it would cost as my stereo is not under warrenty cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us