What could i do if my Headunit has NO subwoofer output?

Silver Member
Username: Panamanian

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 185
my subwoofer only came with 2 rear rca output, (in there i connect my amplifier) but is it possible to separate the volume of my rear speakers and subwoofer?

(without buying anything else)
and WITH.

gracias

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 497
what r u talkin about?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4717
no Panam you can't run the subs seperately from the rear if thats what you are talking about.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 482
you could use a line output converter to make RCA connections with your head unit's front speaker outputs. They aren't that expensive. http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm has some of the best LOC's you can get. The basic 2 ch is $20.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4718
I would never run a LOC if you don't have to! Just one more thing to tranfer interference, alt noise, engine whine. LOC's are garbage and should only be used when there is no other option.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 773
I can't tell if he's asking 1) if he can control the VOLUME of the rear speakers and sub seperately or 2) he's saying that he doesn't have a low pass filter set and mids are coming out of his sub.
For 1) You'd probably have to get an HU that has a sub out and a sub out volume control
For 2) You should have a low pass filter on your amp for your subs. You'd set this around 80hz. If you don't have one, you'd have to buy RCA filters.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 868
i dont think he has any idea what he is saying either. i dont think he understands the concept of thanking people either, i have never seen him come back to a thread he started to thank those that replied.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 485
"I would never run a LOC if you don't have to! Just one more thing to tranfer interference, alt noise, engine whine. LOC's are garbage and should only be used when there is no other option."
Sorry, that's just wrong.
A GOOD LOC (not the $10 junk at BB/CC) provides signal voltage higher than almost all aftermarket HU's, and its BALANCED.

With the way a lot of stock HU's are being built today with tons of features and being integrated to the car's electronics LOC's are becoming increasingly popular. There's a guy at carsound that has won a few SQ trophies with is stock HU and LOC.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4730
"(without buying anything else)"

I agree Optidriven if you want to spend $40-$50 and +++ JL clean sweep yes you can make your signal from your factory HU clean and balanced, but for the majority of people on this thread if you told them to get a LOC they are running to wal-mart and picking up the $9.99 POS and it is nothing but JUNK. The reason I posted what I did was because of the fact he said he didnt want to buy anything else therefor I didnt want him to go out and make that purchase when he is better off running it off of his rear and not having the ability to fade out his rear from his subs which I wouldnt understand why he wants to do this anyway but I am sure there is a reason. If your amp is overpowering your rears whewn you turn it up and you still have more potential in your subs look into higher power handling rear speakers or just disconnect them and run just your front stage.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 486
http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=021546#000002

http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_CGI/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=021425

http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=023146;p=1

http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=020726#000011

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 487
$20-$30 for a nice LOC would provide the ability to run a front spkr amp with the front spkr outputs and subs with the rears. Which I took to be the objective.

I realize he doesn't want to buy anything else, but in this hobby "something" is typically $100 or more. I thought for $20-$30 a good LOC might be a feasible option.

Bronze Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 31
Actually PAC makes several LOC that actually has filters to eliminate noise but they can be costly. I have one so I can use my stock HU and it works great! Polo..

Bronze Member
Username: Dbtuner

Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada

Post Number: 26
why not just spend a little extra and get a used deck with subouts

Bronze Member
Username: Dbtuner

Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada

Post Number: 27
skip my last post

just run front speakers and sub don't bother with the rear

Silver Member

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 186
for Christopher Lee, you're right, i dont remember thanking people for their suggestions.
now is the time to tell them GRACIAS (thanks).

so long.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4468
another idea would be to run a eqw with sub outs .....just a quick thought

Silver Member

Panama cityPanama

Post Number: 187
I read the question i asked and i reckon i gotta rephrase it.

my HEADUNIT only came with 2 rear rca output, (in there i connect my amplifier) but is it possible to separate the volume of my rear speakers and subwoofer?

(without buying anything else)
and WITH.

gracias
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us