CDT

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 252
how are these CDT speakers for components? or the brand in general? the only thing i would be missing would be an amp would you mind telling me what a good one would be? http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1094

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2791
Very Nice Company and Very Nice smooth set. I recommend them.

I have the HD62 set.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 253
thanks can i get a few more inputs before i purchase them tho? thanks

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
i am a dealer for them and they're very good. They just came out with a new crossover for them, HD-30EQ or something that improves the midbass and mids more. I am waiting for CDT to re-open from CES to ask a little more on it. The CLs are quite nice without killing the bank. The tweets are solid and the mids are very natural. The performance to price is very good and the CL series is a solid performer for the buck. WHat car you are putting these in? If you're interested in them email me at sales@alteraudiousa.com

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 254
well right now im driving a lincoln mark 7 but im not going to put the components in there till i get a better car im just looking at what kinda so i know about how much to save up for them

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
well most components will cost you 175- and up for what i consider a good set. So save atleast 175$, but the more the better.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 255
k so cdt would be a good brand to go with then?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5392
Good stuff for the money. The HD 3 ways would be worth saving up for over the Classics.

The main benefit of CDTs comp systems is that they offer good performance from stock spots. The crossovers are the forte, the drivers are Vifa drivers which are kind of common to be straightforward. For that reason, once you get past the HDs is when you get to the point of diminishing returns.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2803
Can you explain that jonathan. I have a HD62 set now and they have a trade in upgrade special going on right now and was looking at the ES series 2 ways.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5397
I feel that the Euros and up aren't worth paying full price for as you're getting less and less for the money. Typically you'll get discounts, though, also the trade in special would be worth it. What I'm saying is that they're better than the HDs, but not so much better that it justifies the extra cost.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 257
so these would be better then the classics? http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1119
what would be a good amp to power them i think i saw a kicker or eclipse amp that looked just about perfect ill post it once i find it ....

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 258
this one is about 45 watts over the rms of the CDT's http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=291

this one is about 35 watts over the rms of them http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=283

and this is about 5 watts under powering the rms of the CDT's http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=289

what amp would you recomend?

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
are you going to bridge the amp or use all four channels? The 700.4 is the best bridged but you'll be seriously overpowering them and need to watch the gains. Something like the USAmps IS-2150 is a good match for it. USAmps slightly underrated at 150x2@4ohm and won't continually throw the passive into tweet protect mode. And yes the HD are better than the CL. CDT series go from budget to competition is KA, CL, EF, HD, ES, ES.07 and the soon to be ES SQ Gold(i think thats what they decided on). HD is one of the better midbass contenders out there. I would suggest getting the 560crossover with it if you want more midbass from the set. The 480 is good on midbass also but the 560 just gives slightly more. If you're interested in getting these email me at sales@alteraudiousa.com and i'll help you out. I can be found on caraudioforum.com more than on here.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5408
"and the soon to be ES SQ Gold(i think thats what they decided on)"

How much are those gonna run? The 07s are already at $2500 for the 3 ways with upstage and yada yada. What kind of drivers?

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
well the new ES's will be braxial mounted. Also they will making new ES subs that look quite promising. May pick them up later, but hate to give up my SI Mag. No price on them yet so can't comment on them. But i can't wait to try them and see how good they sound. I'd expect similar to the ES.07 but maybe a little better attentuation.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 263
those come with the "SatNet-560 "Transient Optimized" Elliptic 4th order 2-way" and i was thinking on using all 4 channels for them

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 267
would it be better to go and get 2 different amps and put a crossover before them so the amp doesnt go and over power them or should i just go with one amp and put the cross over after the amp

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
not sure what you're asking on this one. One amp is good enough since the passive crossover will crossover everything correctly. Just make sure the amp puts out enough power. As for the ES and beyond, its either something you don't like or don't notice. I've found after using all the CDT series is that the CL and EF series are quite similar in performance just the EF can be pushed further. Than there is a performance jump from the CL/EF to the HD/ES. The HDs and ES are similar but the ES can go further than the HDs. SQ is similar but where the HDs wouldsay distort or meet its max the ES's keep on going. I've had a hard time making the ES loose control in my doors and as i turn my volume up the sound keeps on coming. Now the new ES 07's are quite nice but with a hefty price tag. They have very good SQ and i've always like the CDT sound.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 268
k u have 2 amps one for the mids and one for the highs if u put the crossover before the amp (inbetween the source and the amp) it doesnt make the amp put out the uneeded power for the other frequincy or if you were to run all 4 speakers off one amp and were to put the crossover after the amp (in between the amp and the speakers) im not quite sure on how the crossovers intirely work like if they have 4 inputs and 4 outputs or only have one input and 2-3 outpust depending on what kind of cross over it is

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
4 inputs are usually for crossover thats are bi-ampable.

But you're looking at two different type of crossovers between passive and electrical crossovers. Passive go after the amp on the speaker wires. They will effect the signal after the amp filtering out/crossing over whatever frequencies they wee specified to. Electrical crossovers are run off their own pwoer source and have lots more customizing on them and go before the amp, these will effect what signals or range of the amp is capable of playing. 100% of the time the crossovers that come with the speakers are passive, some just more elaborate than others, ie Focal.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 271
so the passive crossover that comes with those CDT's each CDT would still be getting the same amount of power wouldnt they?

alteraudiousa
Unregistered guest
yes but it will have a protect mode on them. You can still blow a set of spekaers though if using too much power or clipping them even with a passive crossover. A passive crossover is designed to make each driver more efficient/effective by sloping(fading) into or sloping)fading) off the sound of a speaker so that it reproduces sounds that are maximizing to each drivers specific design and specifications/purpose. This is somewhat of an easy way to describe it. Alot of it has to do with the Q factor and DB slopes which can be a little cnfusing. If you have an email address i'll email you a copy of Crutchfields explanation which is helpful or both Q factor and slopes. Which amps are you looking to use? I have two Monitor 1 MK2.70 amps, (70x2) that i use. ONe amp is for the tweets and the other for the woofers. This is a complete active setup. Amps are full range will no built in crossover so my HU(Eclipse 8443) is controlling the crossover points. You can put a good amount of power to any set of speakers just need to be careful on gains. My gains for the tweets are maybe at 10%. Gain on the woofers are less than 20%. If you are buying two amps, more than likely your amps will have a built in crossover so you don't need to buy a seperate crossovers. Only thing extra that you may buy that is BEFORE the amp is a equalizer.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 272
yea i understand the crossovers now since i asked for basics on them in the crossover section and thanks to everyone who responded to it. im not sure on what amp im going to use since there gona take like 150 watts rms each its gona be a lil tuff finding one but i should be able to im just not gona look so much since i have to pay for the system entirely myself except my cd player im getting that for an early b-day present
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us