Completely sealed?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 434
hey, i just put the speaker terminal into my box. i had heard from baseball before that he had a hard time sealing the specific terminal we both chose from radioshack.. the edges are sealed fine but the actual +pos and -neg terminals show a tad bit of light through to the inner side of the box. its not very noticable, its just not pitch black when you look at the terminal from the inside out. is this going to cause a problem? its so minute i wouldnt think it would, but im not not sure if lots of air will be pushed out through these spaces. opinions? should i go and buy a terminal that you screw/unscrew the speaker wire into instead of the push-on tab one?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 852
usually a little bit of air leaking from a sealed box won't cause that big a problem, unless it makes any noise. i've never liked thoes terminals.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1082
Believe it or not all of those radio shak terminals leak air. But some from a stereo shop

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 584
ryan,its just a terminal cup,if it leaks simply paste on some silicone on the back and ur problems are solved.......

If you dont it'l probably make a very annoying and loud whistling noise....I had the very same problem with the push tab terminals...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us