SQ help

Bronze Member
Username: Steven1234

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 54
im looking for subs that are better then Kicker 12inch L5's and have good SQ as well as volume but nothing really crazy expensive... im only starting out and thinking of maybe competeing as a rookie... give me some ideas... I dont wanna go with JL's though.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 594
alright whats ur budget for the subs ?

Silver Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 598
2 15'' type r's
2 15'' re sx's
or a 15'' eclipse titanium just some ideas that came to my head

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5365
ID Max

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5366
What kind of competing, though? IASCA?

Silver Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 605
yep johnathan def idmax..up there at the top of the list..dont see how i forgot that

Bronze Member

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 56
um... yea IASCA i mean im not looking to try and take 1st place but i want to sound good.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5370
Well, with IASCA SQ classes 140db is cap. You don't have to hit any more than that, and 2 good SQL subs well implemented will be good for 140db. In some cases, one is plenty.

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 457
can u hit 140 with 2 12" w6v2s

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1928
unless iasca changed this year, the cap is 135db. should make it even easier.
the jl's would be great. just expensive.

Bronze Member

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 57
i see alot of JL around its just that i dont wanna spend the money and just go with JL im trying to try other things other then JL ... someone one told me try the idma's but when i check out reviews they say the voice coils blow really easy, and can only handle 500 watts rms... But i was gonna try and look at the alipne type X's but i was told there SQ sucks but the spl is good and just the opposite for the type R's and right now i have L5's and i was told dont even bother trying to compete with L5's so yea im stuck... Iv been trying to find pictures of anyone who has competed just to get an idea but i have no luck and there arent many comps aroud my area so i cant go and see.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1929
id max vc are no more easily burned than any other. the fact that they do well with 500 watts (efficiency) is a good thing. that is, unless you already have a particular amp you are considering. i would still send them a good 800w, though. the previous versions (1 & 2) had what i believe to be issues concerning vc clearance, but that has since been taken care of.
consider any of those stated in here. they have links regarding reviews where available. jmo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/768492/5
i agree that it would be nice to have something other than what everyone else has.
love the w6 though.

Bronze Member

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 58
well if i wanna get good SQ and still really loud would u go with 2 12's or 2 10's

Bronze Member

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 59
im also looking for 2 of something that will out do my 2 12in kicker L5's

Silver Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 465
go with 2 12"s and the idmax's get loud aslong as sound good i dont think they'll be as loud as the l5 but ive never heard either so its onl;y a guess

Silver Member

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 637
2 12'' idmax's would sound sooo good

Bronze Member

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 61
yea i was thinking of either the IDmax's or the eclipse Ti's ... does anyone know how the alpine type R's or X's sound? just curious

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4108
I have heard both and im not impressed,neither the R's or the X's stand a chance in sq against a IDMAX, or the spl of a TI

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 4109
If i where in an sq comp, i would go w6v2>IDMAX>who cares about third place.lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5376
"omeone one told me try the idma's but when i check out reviews they say the voice coils blow really easy, and can only handle 500 watts rms.."

Never had an issue with that. They'll take 1000W all day long, thermally. Mechanically they only really need 500-800 depending on box type. No probs with the coils frying.

W6v2 is a really sweet SQ sub, though.

I was never into being "different" just cause. Usually you'll see people recommending subs because they aren't as mainstream as JL, then you end up with bandwagons. RE is turning out that way. I just pick based on performance, in which the W6v2 is stellar.

Bronze Member

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 62
so does the Ti have good SQ .. i mean i have really no idea how a SQ subs sounds cause everytime i go some where to hear them the person i just pounding the heck out of casue they hit hard....thats it

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5155
RE X.X.X. subs are not bad for SQ either. If you design the box properly, you will get plenty at a reasonable price.

Bronze Member

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 63
the idmax's seem like the way im gonna go is there anything else alil cheaper thats is not as good but somewhat?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 4650
maybe Diamond audio subs which are said 2 have both SQ/SPL & pretty rea$onable too ........

Bronze Member

Rahway, NJ

Post Number: 64
which diamond audio subs? the D6's or D9's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us