Xbox or PS2 Problem in car...

Username: Moeman2323

Post Number: 3
I just hooked up an xbox on my Pioneer Indash Model 5700 and my friend has a ps2 on the same exact screen... The problem were having is that when the systems are on... they send lines coming down across and screen, but on mine, there's also crackling in the speakers....
Would anyone happen to know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Username: Climbamtn

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 8
the lines are most likely from electrical interfearance, are you close to power? always cross power cable at 90' angle. or lines are from out of sync frequency, either case the solution should be different wires not runnig parallel to power. i had a vga to svideo converter that put lines on the screen from an xbox. it blew up shortly after instal so the problem resolved its self. on the xbox make sure there is plenty of room around it. mine was just below the tonto cover and it would over heat after an hour if i kept the cover on. even in if rest of area was empty.

Unregistered guest
I have a 5700 in dash pioneer and want to hook up the xbox mainly so when I play cd's through the xbox, I'll have something cool to look at. Doesn't xbox have a graphic light show when playing cd's? Does this work ok hooked up to the 5700? Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a 5700 in dash pioneer and want to hook up the xbox mainly so when I play cd's through the xbox, I'll have something cool to look at. Doesn't xbox have a graphic light show when playing cd's? Does this work ok hooked up to the 5700? Thanks

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest

Bronze Member
Username: Climbamtn

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 16
ryan the xbox does not have a cool screen saver or graphic. it only goes dim while playinig cds. if you are permanently mounting an xbox in your car, consider modding it. the down side to modding your xbox is you can not use xbox live which i imagine is not an issue in the car. the upside is it can have a cool screen saver and graphics while playing music. also it can now play cd-r's and dvd-r's which it prevously could not. if you plan on bringing the xbox back into your house and going on xbox live i would steer you away but as a permanent fixture it seems like there is no down side to modding it. i did a software mod which takes minutes and horribly easy to reverse if you ever took it out of the car. shoot me an email if you need a link to a tutorial for the software mod.
greg

Username: Jth0033

Downingtown, Pennsylvania United States

Post Number: 3
so what does this software do exactly?

Anonymous

hiya can anyone help me pls. i just bought a joytech inverter for a ps2 but the problem i have got is dat i have the slim line version (the new one) is it possible to use the same inverter for the old one and the new one pls help. u can reply to olax@hotmail.co.uk
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us