Type R max rms?

Username: Vc3

Post Number: 1
What is the max RMS a 12' alpine type r can take?

Silver Member
Username: Bga44

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 185
i think 500

Username: Vc3

Post Number: 2
yea but i wanna know like the most it can take past 500 rms but without harming it----i heard of ppl pushing them past the 500rms and having them sould clean and loud

Silver Member

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 187
depends on ur amp. if u have a cheap amp like pyramid, it will take more than 500, but JL amps or a high-end brand like that gives out a legit 500 watts. i Would buy a top brand amp and give it 500 just to be safe if i was you. overpowering ur sub is a very good way to f uck it up....and it will sound bad

Silver Member

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 188
get a JL 500/1 amp. A cheap brand such as pyramid will say their $30 amp delivers 1000RMS but it isn't. Get a top brand amp and give it 500 watts. You don't want to overpower your subs

Silver Member

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 189
i changed that first post, i dont know why it is showing up but both say just about the same thing. dont overpower ur subs is basically wut im saying

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 229
my friend gave his type r's 600 rms and they handled it like champs. and were very clean and loud.

Silver Member

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 197
wut kind of amp. im just sayin its not very smart to overpower ur subs.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 446
the type r is under rated by alot big companies just underate there stuff by alot so people dont blow thema nd they dont have to deal with returns
ive heard alot of people pushin an a8000t and a kx600 to them and handled fine

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 424
its good to give your amp a little breathing room also. if the sub is rated at 1000 rms putting 1100-1200 rms to it is fine just dont go crazy with the gains.

Bronze Member
Username: Berns231

Post Number: 17
anyone know of a cheaper amp than the jl 1000/1 for 2 type r's thats puting out 1000rms.

Bronze Member
Username: Greeney88

Http://www.freewebs.co..., Minnesota US

Post Number: 13
hifonics tx1005 puts out 1000rms but hifnoics is known to put out about 80% so id get the tx1505 which will power them around 1200-1300RMS

Username: Alpine4life

Post Number: 9
yeah dude try the Alpine mrp m350 dot be fooled by its size that thing is amazing

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 425
i would not suggest the m350. not enough power for 1, not even close for 2.

maybe an MRD-M1005 if they are dual 2ohm subs. or a orion 1200d if they are dual 4ohm subs.

Anonymous

sort of OT, but i was planning to get 2 type r's also and no clue which amp to go with, how do we know if there dual 2ohm or dual 4ohm subs? Oo

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 848
Alpine amps aren't that great, and they're a bit pricey for how they perform.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 975
if they are both dvc4ohm i would suggest you get the RE 12.1 amp. im not sure if alpine does this but some companeys put on the magnet if there 4ohm or 2ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 496
whats wrong with alpine amps ?

Bronze Member
Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 16
you could get an alpine amp they are just a bit pricy. for the same price you could get an amp thats better

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 1694
i used to power 2 12" type Rs with a kicker kx1200.1 and the subs handled it just fine. my kicker was 1430wrms at 14.4v. besides its always good to have a little headroom.

Bronze Member
Username: Lbown71

Post Number: 23
yea i'm bout to get a a8000t hooked up to a type R. i'm just not gonna crank it full blast so it wont blow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us