Out of these comps, list your 1st ,2nd, and 3rd choice please.

Bronze Member
Username: Amish_marauder

Post Number: 16
Ok I know some of you might not like some or all of these speakers but I figure you all know more than me about this stuff so if you don't mind, out of the selections I'm listing pick your top three choices in order. I'm going to listen to all of these if I can but I would love to see what you guys like. Even if normally you would choose a brand not listed here, humor me :-)

1. Dynaudio System 240 MKII 2-way 7" 100wrms
2. Dynaudio System 240 GT 2-way 6.5" 100wrms

3. Focal 270V3 3-way polyglass 150wrms

4. CDT HD62 2-way 6.5" 180wrms
5. CDT CL-641 3-way 6.5" 230wrms
6. CDT HD-642 3-way 6.5" 180wrms

7. Diamond Audio D661a 2-way 6.5" 100wrms
8. Diamond Audio D971 2-way 7" 200wrms

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5176
Out of those:

1. Dynaudio System 240 MkII
2. Dynaudio System 240 GT
3. CDT HD-642

My favs are SEAS Lotus Reference, though. Not a bad price tag on them, either, cheaper than Dynaudios (retail, anyway). $745 new from mobilesq.com

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2720
I own the CDTHD62 set and love them.

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 117
The diamond D971 are my fav (well that's because i own them haha) i haven't had a chance to hear the dynaudio or the CDT yet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well i decided to go with CDT. I just don't know if I want the CL-641 3-way or HD642 3-way.

from what I understand the HD were designed for SQ over loudness, where as the CL-641 model is designed with both in mind. Its a hard decision.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 358
DLS Iridium 8.3 is my favorite. Ive heard the focals, dynaudios, and a few CDTs, but i love the sound of the iridums.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
DLS look tempting, hell most all these brands look tempting, but I have read too many good things about CDT.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5193
They're pretty good, Dynaudio and DLS properly installed smoke em, though.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 360
The only thing i dont like about dynaudio is that the tweeters sound too clean. They were really mellow sounding and i enjoy more of an agressive tweeter, similar to DLS. You really need to listen to them before buying them though. Is there any stores around you that carry those brands?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
nope

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
every damn shop that I contact do not carry Dynaudio, CDT, Focal, or any other damn brand that I'm looking into. OH WAIT, Diamond Audio have dealers around me and so does PG. I went to PG today and all they have is crap. I listened to the D9's today as well. They sound really good but I have a feeling the CDT's are going to be better. I have a friend with Diamond audio D6 comps. they are ok.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1411
just for another option for you amish... what about the diamond audio HEX series?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
HEX is Diamond Audios "classic" series. I'm going high end. for Diamond that would be the D9's. I can buy those but I want the CDT's. IMO they are the much better choice. IMO

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 119
I think you'd be really happy with the D9's man, I know i am :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us