2 ohm load for one sub with SVC?

Username: Oldman20

Post Number: 6
OK. I may be called stupid for this but is there a way to make a one sub (SVC, Polk MM124) showed a 2 ohm load to a amp. I only want to put one sub in the car and the Polk Sub is 500W RMS. Most of the amps that I look at can't push 500W RMS at 4 ohms but a lot of them can at 2 ohm. My budget is around $250. I don't want to buy junks like BOSS, or Sony. So any suggestion on either how to hook up an amp to a single sub to show 2 ohm or a decent amp that can push 500 W RMS for around $250. Thanks in advance

ConManIsStupid
Unregistered guest
No.

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the 'constructive' answer!!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2427
actually
if you have a single 4 ohm sub, get a stereo amp that supports bridged mode, and puts out ~500wRMS x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged.
that's an ideal match.
www.zapco.com
www.mtx.com
www.jbl.com
www.kicker.com
any of these companies make great amps that suit your needs.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2428
or get a JBL 1200.1
@ 4 ohms, it'll drive 600wRMS x 1
it runs ~$280 US. maybe less on eBay

that also allows you to add a second sub later and get 600 watts to each sub.. effectively doubling both cone area and power.

Post Number: 8
Glass,

Thanks for the response. I knew you would come through. I am looking seriously at the JBL 1200.1. I want to stay with a Class D rather than going with the stereo amp. My car is a 93 Infiniti G20 and they don't make an affordable HO alternator for it. The stock alternator can only put out 80 amp. I am hoping by staying with a class D, I can get away without changing out the alternator.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2471
Infiniti
it's a toyota. you should be able to find an alternator for it easily, or at least have that stock one rebuilt and beefed up pretty affordably.
just a thought though.

Post Number: 9
GW,

The infiniti is a Nissan. I looked around for it but can't find a aftermarket HO alt. To have it rebuilt one would cost around $300-$400 because of the small housing and because it's a import. That's what one of the shop told me. Anyway, the G20 is not out of the popular cars for the import tuner so it's hard to find aftermarket parts for it.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2486
oh yeah ok nissan.
which was toyota? lexus? I forget.
I knew acura is honda.
$300 isn't too bad depending on output.

yeah I guess I knew that was Nissan. the G35 is a 350Z.. that's right
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts