Yes it might happen!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 257
me and my buddy kevin might start our own shop baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we've been talking about it for a while, but we never really decided when, yesterday a guy had a lil at&t store selling phones and he died, pooor guy but, he's selling his store, so we are 95% sure were gonna do this, just we need to decide which brand to stick with as our main brand,
but yeah i might have a shop in a lil bit here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 176
sounds good, just don't stick with lanzars!!

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 349
I would say sell whatever brand your nearest distributor specializes in. Shipping costs can and will eat up your profit margins.
Buying from a local distributor will help tremendously. I'm sure there are quite a few near you. Remember, insurance, insurance, insurance, then work work work.
Also, dont do the stupid "free installation with purchase" or "home of the $1 install" thing, people are smart these days and know you'd just be jacking up the price, besides it is very hard to sell product at or anywhere near retail due to the internet. Give them a bargain on the product and charge them well for your labor. That's where I make most of the profit.
Be careful how much you keep in stock too, having all your money tied up in inventory can hurt you. And not having something in stock can also hurt ya, theres a fine line.
Typical customers that come here either want the cheapest system in the world or thier ballers who want the best of the best, so I dont stock much middle end product.
Example, for Alpine subs, I've got 2 Type E's and 2 Type X's in stock.
I guess these are the hardest things about running a shop, know your customers, manage your money well, work smart, and be open.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2673
Good luck with that if u have decided on it - just make sure u plan out down to the last detail .

My bro & i also thinking about the same over the past 6mths now & we might do it sometime next yr .

2 main brands i would get in any audio shop is Pioneer/Alpine since they have everything needed to do a full system - Eclipse too . To please the general public carry some RF/kicker stuff as well ...

jcash
Unregistered guest
haha thats the worst thing you could do NEVER EVER open a business with a friend soon youll be worst enemies it just brings nothing good ask any shop owner they'll tell you

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2677
jcash ...

u have been on this forum a while now - why don't u take 2 mins to register ?????........

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 191
LOL He Died But Hes Selling his Store Hmmmmm LOL

I guess the Saying that you cant take it with you is completely False because that Nigguh is trying to Cash in Even From the Grave LOL

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 328
LANZAR LANZAR LANZAR! loll.

I dont know JL always sells, umm gota have somthing not so pricy but great aswell. Got ahave the name brand and then the brand thats best for the buck period. Infinity? umm.

OH ya i gota talk 2 you by the way eddie.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 296
make sure you really know what you're doing i have seen several shops around me fail. You've got to be perfect and have good customer service and satisfaction. Also the best thing you could do is be honest to people.

Username: Frkkevin

Fort Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 9
Local shop over here sells Diamond Audio, Pheonix Gold, Cerwin Vega, Clarion, Planet Audio (?), and a few others. They have some nice stuff but then you look at the wall and see a sony amp lol. The guy who owns the shop don't like it but it is there for those who don't want to spend much, and there are tons of those people :-). He doesn't just do audio though, I'm not sure if you want to strickly be audio. He does window tint, body/paint, airbag/suspension, nearly anything electronic in a vehicle. Even sells rims and car acessories, guess it is an all in wonder, heh :-). Has a used section too, pretty decent stuff with great deals.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1029
i llve planet audio..i satt in a car with 3 15 inch planet audio subs(forget wich ones)...it hit like 158 dB on sum meter...if they would have been pro guys then it would have been awsome

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 1707
I dont no about u guys, but i want a discount.lol

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 298
last year at spring break national i saw a planet audio demo vehicle w/ 8 12's and they were playing music that was supposed to show the SQ of the subs and honestly they sounded really good. it was the highest level of 12's they had but even their components sounded good. i've heard better( JL, Alpine, etc) but the euipment they were using in that vehicle sounded good, a lot better than i expected.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us