It wont work any more!!

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 121
my alpine CDE-9843 HU stopped working yesterday after the ground wire on my amp came off and then it touched again. when it touched the HU turned off. i have checked the fuses in my van, they are all still good, and the fuse in the HU which is also still good. the HU is very new only a few months old, i dont know if a slipped ground will void my 1 year warrenty, or if there is something wrong with the HU. does any one know whats wrong? i have experienced this type of thing in my old car with a clarion HU. a wire grounded and the HU stopped working. i sold that HU for 200 i didnt know if it worked any more.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 123
help???

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2157
The amplifier grounded itself through the RCA's going to the headunit. I am not sure what the extent of the damage is, but it's going to need to be fixed by a repair center.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 103
If under warranty, send it back.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 124
i had just unplugged the rca wires then i pulled off the ground, maybe 1 of the rca wires touched the amp. i didnt have any subs hooked up to it. no battery hooked up either. just the RMT wire ground and (maybe rca) it was not up loud at all because i dont have the amps to power all my speakers yet. why wouldnt any fuses blow? they should really do stuff about these things. the person to invent sumthin to plug into like a fuse for every wire before it goes into and out of the HU would be rich. i am going to do that. put a fuse in every wire that is in my sound system, even the speakers. extra caution.

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 125
well? dies any one think damage is serious?

Silver Member

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 129
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2176
We really can't determine the amount of damage your unit received due to the multiplicity of variables...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us