Idmax vs. brahma

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 356
I know that the Brahma has better sq then the idmax. But what about spl? Is there really that great of a difference?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1242
well, you're gonna get varying views on the sq argument.
spl is going to be based on power and install, but they're comparable drivers. the id max has considerably greater surface area with similar excursion, so it probably moves more air than the brahma. although i still know more individuals running brahmas for spl than ID's.
i like the brahma. i have more experience with it though, so i'm biased.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4927
SQ I'd give to the ID Max in most applications, mainly due to better midbass transition, Brahmas and XXXs are muddy above 60hz and the ID Max is tighter and more defined at that point. In a sealed box, the low end of the Brahma is a little better, ported they're pretty close to each other but the ID Max supports a lower tuning and gives a flatter response. At very high output, the Brahma tends to do a bit better as the BL is stronger and the surround of the ID Max dimples (purposely due to the narrow surround profile) and there is slight mechanical noise from that. SPL of either will depend on application, but they're very close to each other in their ideal applications and the difference is negligible.

What I'd narrow it down to is if you want a high output sub in a sealed box and have good midbass drivers to transition with it, go with a Brahma. If you have a 2 way set with less low bass capability and need a tighter sub to mate with them, go ID Max. If you're going ported, go ID Max for SQ and Brahma for SPL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
Okay great!! Very specific thanks alot guys. IT jst depends if i wanna spend more to go with tw of them to go sealed. But, i am probably goin to go ported with a single in it's ideal box and location. It looks like i had the drivers mixed around.

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
Okay great!! Very specific thanks alot guys. It just depends if i wanna spend more to go with two of them or to go sealed. But, i am probably going to go ported with a single driver in it's ideal box and location. It looks like i had the drivers mixed around.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us