Settings

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 141
Now the HU settings for sub levels should i leave thoes at 0 or could i turn them up just a bit to push the amp a bit harder?

Right now i have everything no at max but not at zero so about at 80% of the way and amp gets reallllyy hot after about 15 min of listening.

So im guessing i should turn down the amp gain from like 90% to about 85? Also my HPF and LPF on my HU is LPF:80 and HPF:180 now on the back of the amp its like 25% gain for LPF and like 80% gain for HPF do thoes settings go together? Also is the SQ Setting at 60Hz+6 good. So ya thanks id love for the suggestions thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1943
Yeah, turn the gain down...

How many adjustment knobs does it have and what are they?

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 144
LPF HPF and LEVEL then it has a switch for Freq its at LOW but options are High and another one i forget. Im guessing thats for Subs with bass or stickly sound or both.

Thoes are it.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1946
Yeah, the switch is a HPF,LPF type selector.
Low Pass Filter, High Pass Filter, and Full Range.

Level sounds like the gain, isn't it?

What is so odd is that there are boost switches (or so it would seem) for the LPF and HPF...What is the brand and model on the amp?

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 146
Vibe 248

Thers also the Bass Boost Remote thing for 18db more. I have that at 3/4 the way you can say.

DONT HATE ON LANZAR PLEASE

The subs are 124D's Heritage

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1949
I'm not going to 'hate on lanzar'...

I couldn't find anything pertaining to how the LPF/HPF knobs worked.

Did the amp come with a manual describing what the HPF and LPF knobs do?

What are the specs on the subs (RMS handling etc.) and how are they wired to the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 295
Jexx, you are a HU wh0re, lol. You always can answer everyones HU problems. Your def the glass of the HU section i would have to say.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 148
AMp SPECS

500RMS at 2ohm X 2
300RMS at 4ohm X2
1200 Bridge at 4ohms x1

SUbs Dual VOice Coil 4 ohms per voice COil 500RMS per and 1000watt max.

So i got two sets of terimnals. Neg Neg and Pos Pos from there i got a neg and pos going to the box terminal and then from ther ei have a neg and pos going into channel 1 and then same thing for other sub into channel 2. So from what i know im running the amp at 500RMS at 2ohms because thast how it was wired to be but i wouldnt know so how does that sound? Now for the HU settings how should i set the in terms of Sq Set and the Freq and stuff? Should everything be up 1 notch + in terms of Sub Level its at +2db and my bass boost notch is about 3/4 the way when i want it to bump hard or well all the way up if im showing off lol. SO any suggestions/?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1952
Mike, thanks for the kind comment!

CARAUDIO, I'm pretty sure the LPF and HPF knobs on your amp just adjust the frequency cut off point.

quote:

So i got two sets of terimnals. Neg Neg and Pos Pos from there i got a neg and pos going to the box terminal

I'm not sure how that all works, but it sounds like you have each sub wired in parallel, then wired to the amp. Sounds good.

Your headunit is up to you, the amp can't overheat from the way you have the headunit adjusted...

SQ set? What does that control?

On the headunit, the subs would sound nice if you set the sub LPF filter to 80hz and then the HPF to 80hz.

As far as the amp getting hot goes...if it isn't shutting down, I wouldn't worry about it. Some amps are just like that.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us