Alpine type r versus RE RE

Unregistered guest
How do they compare?

Anonymous

probably very similiar... the RE would win the SQ category and the r would probably win the SPL.. but it's all about install. I would take the RE anyday just because of price. and 2>1 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 831
Alpine Type-R's are a great sub. They're more for SQ, but I've heard some damn loud SPL setups with them. But Alpine is mass produced, and RE is a little more refined. I'd definantly go for the RE, better build quality, and probably just as loud.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10423
well a type R is a $200 sub that handles 500 watts RMS.
the RE is a $77 sub that handles about 200 watts RMS.

be realistic.

The type R is on par with the RE SE.
The SE handles 600 watts RMS and is $169

prices based on 12" subs

LameName@work
Unregistered guest
LMAO!

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 208
"well a type R is a $200 sub that handles 500 watts RMS.
the RE is a $77 sub that handles about 200 watts RMS.

be realistic.

The type R is on par with the RE SE.
The SE handles 600 watts RMS and is $169

prices based on 12" subs"

Agreed for the most part. You can get the 12" Alpine for $140 shipped from www.ikesound.com brand new with full warranty. Cheaper than the SE..more output..actually handles more power than the SE could ever think of. However, the SE may have it in the SQ deparment from what i've heard..(haven't actually heard an SE myself)

Believe it or not, the Type R kicks even the SX's @ss in certain applications for SPL setups. Alpine really did it right when they made the 05' version of the Type R. I'm seeing more and more SPL competitors going to them.

As far as build quality goes, the RE RE series subs are in no way superior to the Type R's build quality. But like Glasswolf said, they're not really to be compared to each other.

Comp98
Unregistered guest
okay so the Thread should really be RE SE vs the Alpine 124*D sub. So which one is it going to be?

Unregistered guest
Well a better comparison in price would be 2 RE RE 12s versus 1 15inch type r? Which would be louder? Which would sound better?

Unregistered guest
actually pobably a 12 inch type would be better i didnt know the 15 got that much more expensive and handle more watts.
So 2 RE RE 12s versus 1 12 type r.
Which would have betetr sq?
Which would have better spl?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 210
I'd go with the Type R tuned low. Great SQL driver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us