TV/ DVD screens in Cars legal???

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 96
Does anyone know how lenient police are with the use of these screens in view of the driver?

I have a 7" flip up DVD screen in my dash, and i wired it so i can watch DVD movies/music videos while i am driving.

i know for a fact its perfectly legal to have the screen open if its not playing DVDs.... like the menu screens that tell what track or station you are on etc. And i know most states do have laws banning TV screens in view of the the driver... but do the police really inforce that law?

I'm mostly talking about night time driving, because in the daytime, the sunlight makes it hard to see the screen from outside the vehicle. As opposed to at night when its clearly visible.

Will a cop on traffic duty, outside their vehicle, stop you for the screen, or will they ignore it based on the fact that they are on traffic duty????

Any idea how much of a ticket that would be???

Bronze Member
Username: Jundi

Post Number: 17
why dont you just turn off the movie when you get pulled over...if you get pulled over.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
no.... i mean like if i'm driving past them

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 795
he would probably only pull you over if he saw you swerving b/c you were watching the DVD and couldn't keep your eyes on the road.

you seem to have a lot of questions about cops. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
lol i know i do....

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 804
if you do get pulled over, tell him you didn't know of such a law, and if you had you would have never put it in your car(SIKE!) lol, and he might let you off with a warning, and then you would have to be really careful about when you were playing it at night.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us