What are some 5 1/4 Midbass speakers??

Todd S.
Unregistered guest
Hello, I'm looking for some 5 1/4" midbass speakers for my set-up for rear fill. I had some 6 1/2's in there and loved them, but need 5 1/4s to fit. I've found some, CDT Audio HD-5, (the ES-500's are too much), and the Image Dymanics CX54's. Looking for at least 75 watts rms and hopefully under $200, haven't gotten the amp yet either, so open to different rms ratings, but 75-90 is target.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 532
infinity kappa perfect 5.1's are a good choice...100 watts rms for $200 shipped on ebay

Todd S.
Unregistered guest
Any other suggestions?

I was considering the 6.1s for the front. Are they bass-heavy units? But still looking for an actual mid-bass speaker.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4444
"I was considering the 6.1s for the front. Are they bass-heavy units?"
No. Bass is respectable, but a little disappointing compared to other high end sets.

As far as a rear fill midbass driver, I'd probably get the Image Dynamics mid. If not that, look into Morel.

Todd S.
Unregistered guest
Yea, those Image Dynamics look sweet.

The Perfects are high end? I always thought they are pretty decent (that's why I was planning on getting them, also they're about $175 on ebay too) but, never thought they were in the same "high-end" category as say a Kicker SS65.2 or a Focal Utopia Audiom. What would be some better ones for roughly the same dough?

Also, do you have a model for the Morel's? Having trouble finding anything but tweeters.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 544
the infinities are pretty much the best in their price range...but they aren't in the same category as rainbows, and the others you mentioned.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4445
They're kind of mid/high end, in the middle somewhere. I wouldn't put them in the same category as Dynaudio, Focal, Rainbow, DLS and others, more like JL Audio XRs, mid level Quarts and similar components. Remember suggested retail of the Perfects started at $600, and mass production from Harmon Kardon made them dirt cheap due to availability.

As far as the Morel midbass drivers, look for the Elate and Hybrid raw drivers.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2022
I love my Image Dynamics CXS 62 chamoleon set of componants. I have mine playing at a 18db slope at 80hz and they sound sweet. I think they are to bright for me right now but i will have to adjust the passive crossover on the tweeter to like -3 or -6. I think i may have them at 0 right now and its way to much treble for me. I have mine runnin off a ppi a300.2Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Todd S.
Unregistered guest
Sweet! Thanks for the pics. Looks nice.

Pretty sure about the Images. They meet my watts/prices specs pretty good.

One more question. Are the Morel Elates the same as the Phoenix Gold Ti Elites?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4448
"One more question. Are the Morel Elates the same as the Phoenix Gold Ti Elites?"

Similar, the Ti Elites are built by Morel. The Morel Elates are the better speakers, but they're also more expensive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us