Anyone got a ALPINE MRP-M350for trade? :P

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 652
Decided to give my SX subs 700 watts each so i'm looking for 2 of these, could anyone recommend a better amp for their price and if anyone has any used ones.. cut me a deal!

Username: Ffx_devilarms

Post Number: 1
How come you are only going to give them 700 watts instead of their recommended 1000 watts???

draco47
Unregistered guest
SXs supposed to be dual 2 ohm subs, therefore they can be wired @ either 1 or 4ohms. the MRP-M350 is only 2ohm stable and puts out 350watts RMS @ 2 ohms. 700watts is only the max rating. wiring SXs correctly to this amp will only give you 200watts RMS @ 4omhs

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 654
draco.. I planned on using one amp each and bridged at 700 watts @ 2 ohms..

draco47
Unregistered guest
i thought it was a mono-block, ah my bad though. i have one in my wrx with an oldie type R. what were you planning on trading for?

Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 9
You still would be underpowering them by 300 watts apeice. Have you thought about going with a different amp??

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 655
chris, that 300 watts sadly just cuts into my budget too much by about 60 dollars anyway I go.

Draco, cash ^_^.. or something lol

Besides Chris, i'm going to mount them a certain way in my car for a unique look.

draco47
Unregistered guest
oh yeah, forgot to mention that im in hawaii, so your best bet would be ebay or some local peeps. i hope theres peeps closer to you that would be willing to give up their amps. good luck dude

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
A unique look will not make up for the quality of sound that you will be losing out on. If it were an SQ sub it might not be quite as noticeable, but the SX is purely and SPL sub and wouldnt perform near its capability with only that much wattage.

Are you sure you can just hold out till you get 60 more dollars. 60 bucks isnt a whole lot of money to begin with.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 657
1000 rms.. with 700 going to it.. it'll be fine, and I would think the sx is more of a sql sub from what people have told me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
From what i have heard(mostly on here) the XXX is an SQL sub and the SX is purely just an SPL version of the XXX. How old are you and are you sure you can't save up 60 more bucks??

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 662
i'm 19, this matters how? If it's about the money, i'm having to pay for all my college on my own, inbetween jobs, I have to buy insulin at 300.00 dollars per package of shots since my insurance doesn't cover it during my time out of college.. and I'm trying to use the money from the AL and kickers to buy the SX and some small amps.. so my budget is.. Fairly tight.. ?

I wish I had known the sx was pure spl before I already bought one.. * sigh *... I was going for a pure SQ or SQL setup..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
They still are a very nice sub. I am sure that you could build a good SQ enclosure which would make them sound more musical. The reason i was asking about you age because i was curious if you had a job and how easy/hard for you to get money. Sorry bout the need for insulin man. My dad found out he had diabetes a little over a year ago, but it wasnt extremely bad so they had him on some pill. After dieting for a while and losing some weight he was able to stop taking the pill. I hope you are happy with your choices.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 666
thanks chris, I don't plan on ever having them loud really, so they will probably work out fine i'm thinking and the enclosure is sealed so maybe that'll help too :P.

Yea i've been diabetic for 2 years now.. the pill didn't work for me so I had to move to shots.. I would get the pump but without my insurance it costs 5,000 dollars :-(.

Sorry to hear about your posting thing too.. it should have banned me as well as I had just as much fun messing with that one post.. so lame.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
There is someone in that "busy" thread that i made that is being extremely rude saying i was an Azzhole to everyone and that is why i was banned and i should be banned again. He kept repeating that they should ban my IP address, but they allready did that. He keeps posting as an anonymous person. I wish i knew who it was because i have never insulted anyone on this forum ever and i hate it when people are so rude. I just got nothing better to do at the moment so i figured i would go on and try and help out as many people as i can.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 668
yea I hear that bro, I've tried to be mature on here more now, it's the anon people that make me not want to come back to this forum...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us