Box Placement?

Unregistered guest
hey guys I just stumbled onto the forum, soo many helpful posts, anyway, I am a first time subwoofer buyer and i just bought a 12 Kicker 2-ohm DVC round sub with a max 400 rms, and a kicker amp that puts out like 350/channel at 4 ohm, and a sealed cube box with 1.21 cubic feet, 2 questions here....1) will this sound pretty good in my 96 Camaro? and 2) where should I put this box, in the rear deck right behind the rear seat, facing up, facing to the side, facing back?, or should i put it in the rear well of the car and face it up, down, to the side??, any help would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 152
1) who cares your driving a camaro, lol, yea it should sound fine.
2) I've seen many boxes that are molded for camaros eg. Qlogic.. I preferably like the box against against the back end of the car like the magnets against the wall in the back and have the actual front of the sub facing the interior of the car. It looks really good too.
Look at this "the rear well placement" that is what i'll be putting in mine when its ready.
http://www.subthump.com/acamaro.htm

BTW what you got under the hood ? lol

slinkchris
Unregistered guest
i meant by saying it was a camaro was that would 1 12 sound good in that size car interior, i wasnt trying to brag,
its got the 5.7L 350, ex-police interceptor

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 154
I wasn't ragging on you, I meant who cares about music when you got the roar of an awesome muscle car. I've had the problem of choosing which to listen to the music or the car, lol. 1 12 will sound good but a second will sound better of course. Its more up to you and your budget and your preference as to how loud it should be. Post some pics of your car if you got some

(I am a very dedicated camaro fan if you can't tell by now, GM needs to bring them back)

slinkchris
Unregistered guest
they are in 2009, it was just announced, its goin to share the zeta body with the new GTO, the styling will be unveiled at the 2006 sema show, is yours a V8 0r V6?
yea they do roar, i just bought new 6.75 speakers for the highs and mids cuz my exhaust is so loud that you gotta crank it up pretty high to here anything

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 155
You got a link with that info on the new camaro ?

I'm actually on my 3rd camaro its a 97 SS , still in the works though, i bought it from a scrap yard and have been rebuilding for a couple months.

slinkchris
Unregistered guest
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=106732

enjoy
are you a member or z28.com, its a great forum

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 156
thats awesome

no i'm not a member, i will sign up when i'm done the car so I can actually get into discussions about my own.

thanks for the article and good luck with your car, keep me posted on the car.Put it in on cardomain.com and show me or something.

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 42
it is ideal to have the sub facing the back of the car:-)

slinkchris
Unregistered guest
facing rear, what if that means that there is like 3 inches of space between the sub face and the rear well wall, is that ok

ha i dont have a freakin digital camera but i am getting one soon i think

the car is all white, i have a moroso cold air induction, 1LE intake Elbow, TPIS air foil, new console out of a 99 Trans am, white gauges, dynomax 3 inch bullet muffler with axle dump, she has the lowest rumble i have ever heard out of an LT1, its so low that this guy at the local auto club asked if i had dropped in a larger motor, lol, if you want an amazing exhaust, dynomax only way to go, and only $40 per muffler

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 417
how's the gas milliage on that LT1, my friend has a Lt1 in his mustang 5.0 and its badass, but he only gets like 6 miles per gallon, so he doesn't drive it that much.

slinkchris
Unregistered guest
thats low, i get about 16 in town and about 26 on the highway, gotta love the overdrive, if im playing around with it i get anywhere from 6 to 12, so in my car, the mileage is all about the weight of my foot, you cant beat the power though, especially when the guys in the rice civics pull up with about 10k invested under the hood and they still cant get even close to me, but they do get 30+ mpg, its a tradeoff

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 419
ya i know those Lt1's are badass motors, but this guy has alot done to it like exhaust,headers,carbs and a bunch of other stuff, but only getting 6 miles per gallon[i think thats in town] thats just really bad espically when gas is $2.50 plus around here.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 957
If you can afford the car the you should car about the price of gas and gas mileage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us