Need helpful info please!!!!

Username: Sigp228

Post Number: 2
I have purchased an Infinity Basslink. I have a 2003 Mustang w/ the Mach 460. I am trying to figure out how to wire the thing (sound signal). Is using a LOC and low level inputs better than using speaker level inputs? Also, which wires do I tap if using a speaker level or which ones do I use if using a LOC? Some websites talk about a "data cable". I am getting so confused. I want to make sure that the amp signal is not affected by balance/fade on the head unit. If anyone knows how to wire this thing or had it done by a professional shop and can see how they did it PLEASE help me. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 414
It's not possible for your subs to be unaffected by the fade, unless your radio has fixed rca preouts. Yes, using a loc is much better than using speaker level inputs. You should tap your rear speaker wires into the loc, and and use the rca's from there and connect it to the basslink. Using a data cable is only for 2 compatible and matching products.

Username: Sigp228

Post Number: 3
Ice,
thanks for the reply. The instructions say to obtain fade/balance free bass, you have to wire up to all four speakers using the high level inputs or the low level inputs. I understand that part. My problem is I don't know which wires to tap for all 4 speakers (location and color). I was thinking that I could tap into the wires coming out of both amps which control the front and rear woofers in the stock system. Also, why is using a LOC and low level better than directly wiring speaker level inputs? I would think that an amp with speaker level inputs is in essence is doing the same work as an LOC. Also, by data cable, there is a part on the ford Mach 460 that is called the data cable. See below.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/despeeds1.htm

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 416
Ok, the speakers that use the data cable are self amplified speakers, meaning that they have their own little mini amplifier. The data cable feeds those amplifiers the signal from the head unit. Ok here is the fun part, you tap into the data cable and not the speaker cables, and since the data cables are rca based, you could send the signal straight through the loc and have a clean signal.
Most new amplifiers don't use speaker level inputs anymore.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us