Help on wiring?

Bronze Member
Username: Smallville

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 13
well i know you guys hate me.. and its really not my fault if i know this stuff ..thats kindof why im asking you guys for help...............so my question is..can i just split a speaker wire in into 2 so theres 2 long single wire..then hook one wire up to my remote and to the amp and the other single wire for my ground ..and does it matter if there positive and negitive?

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_allen

Post Number: 19
You need larger wire for your amp. Your remote wire would be fine with that but your amp and you ground should be larger. The gauge depends on the size of your amp. If you use speaker wire you will not pull enough juice. What amp do you have.

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 14
ok well i have this10 or 12 gauge wire.. should i use that for my battery and my ground? then jsut use that little speaker wire for my remote? and i have a sony explode 800w amp with a 12' clairion sub and a nice 10' explode sub

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 353
No. With the explode amp you would probably be alright with 8awg wire for battery and ground but your better off going with at least 4awg wire. Do not forget to fuse the power wire no more than a foot from the battery. Thin speaker wire should be ok for your remote wire. Also your going to need a set of rca to run from the back of your HU to the amp but do not run them on the same side as the power wire. Run it on the oposite side. When grounding your amp make sure you pick a spot that has bare metal. If there is some paint around where your going to ground sand it off. Make sure the ground wire is short as possible.

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 15
ok thanks and sry but what is awg?

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 16
and i have some good rcas too soo ill run it along the opposite side from the battery wire and for my 12' there are like i dont know like 8 gauge wire coming out of it and i dont know where to hook those up to the amp? somebody help?

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 369
i explained everything above. If you need more help use the search button on here or use google. Both are very useful. I have used them many times to help me with problems. AWG=American Wire Gauge.

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 79
Corey, if you are still reading this thread to see if you got any answers, i answered about the 8 gauge thing in that thread for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 80
There also shouldnt be any wire coming out of the sub when purchased, especially an 8 gauge wire cuz that is way thick for a sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us